Show off your car on collection day thread?

deviousrich

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Thought it would be nice to have a thread everyone can show off their cars after collecting as a few of us are lucky enough to be picking up orders. So show us your cars....

Triggered of course because I was lucky enough to pick up my LR yesterday!
First new car I've ever had, everything seems to just work and no hassle. Mg crawley (Tom) doing a great job.
I went for blue as I had a series of black, grey and red cars so wanted something different for a change!

Attachments

• 20210918_174848.jpg
    20210918_174848.jpg
    780.3 KB · Views: 383
Picked ours up from a nice bloke in Gloucester in July. Still need to get decent floor mats!
on that front (mats) i took the ones from my Merc C Class (when i traded it in) and they are quite a good fit, better than i thought they would be. i'll be looking for a rubber boot liner i can make fit

Thought it would be nice to have a thread everyone can show off their cars after collecting as a few of us are lucky enough to be picking up orders. So show us your cars....

Triggered of course because I was lucky enough to pick up my LR yesterday!
First new car I've ever had, everything seems to just work and no hassle. Mg crawley (Tom) doing a great job.
I went for blue as I had a series of black, grey and red cars so wanted something different for a change!

When did you order yours? Looks really nice! :)

on that front (mats) i took the ones from my Merc C Class (when i traded it in) and they are quite a good fit, better than i thought they would be. i'll be looking for a rubber boot liner i can make fit
I ordered tailored car mats from CarMats.co.uk the other week & they arrived today. They have 5 levels of finish, including a rubber mat option. Rubber boot mat is listing at £34.99 for the MG5 boot.
I ordered the mid range carpet with heel pad & red piping total £36.97 incl postage. Just need the MG5 Exclusive LR I ordered to arrive in Oct, Nov or Jan I was told yesterday..:cry::cry::cry:

I ordered tailored car mats from CarMats.co.uk the other week & they arrived today. They have 5 levels of finish, including a rubber mat option. Rubber boot mat is listing at £34.99 for the MG5 boot.
I ordered the mid range carpet with heel pad & red piping total £36.97 incl postage. Just need the MG5 Exclusive LR I ordered to arrive in Oct, Nov or Jan I was told yesterday..:cry::cry::cry:
In the same boat.

Well no mats on the way but otherwise

I don't see the MG5 listed on their site?

There are some very fancy mats for MG5s on aliexpress. Car not due till Oct so I can afford the wait but some are just too fancy.

There are some very fancy mats for MG5s on aliexpress. Car not due till Oct so I can afford the wait but some are just too fancy.
What do you search for on Ali express? Mg5 throws up lots of accessories which dont seem to be for the uk mg5 ev.

Admittedly I hadn't fully checked rhd UK MG5 EV compatibility but I skimmed through pages of stuff just searching for MG5, and a ton more (or maybe the same stuff!!) searching for Roewe ei5. Certainly there were cheap options for some of the equivalent official MG parts, though for some the quality simply isn't (door sill stickers, bumper protectors which are only stickers but may be adequate) then a host of other unwanted but cheap enough stuff like keyrings and screen protectors. But for instance this boot mat seemed not too bad about 1/3rd of MG UK price - I don't plan carrying animals or particularly heavy or grubby loads - and here's some mud flaps. And a full boot liner for about £60.

I'll probably end up with none of it but accessorising a car at manufacturer rates can cost a bob or two!!!

it is there, under MG Motors UK (screen grab below), actually the prices seem comparable to AliExpress to be honest by the time you factor in VAT (as thats on top of the advertised prices on AE)

1632297789673.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom