Slippy out today.

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Went to the vets with the dogs for their annual jabs today and drove into their car park which is on a steep slope, covered in wet snow, everyone else was (sensibly) parked on the road (a cul de sac) which is less of a slope.
Anyhow, first thing that happened was the car suddenly rolled forward about a foot or so after being parked for about half an hour, in Ready mode, heater on and parking brake on, which was a bit concerting. I put this down to the ice under the back tyres melting a bit and slipping.
After the appointment, I decided to reverse out of the car park, pushing the weight of the car on the driven wheels rather than dragging it forward. It set off fine but then as I got to the slightly steeper car park entrance the wheels started to slip and TC kicked in. I left the TC on and after a little grunting and groaning from the front wheels, with a light application of the accelerator, the car gradually took me up and over the slope. I was so relieved and well pleased with the performance of the car on this very slippery slope, I'm not sure if I would have made it going forwards but I suspect it would going on how the TC and a light throttle performed. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom