So good bought another one

Freddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well went for a test drive in the MG5 LR just for the extra range, as my wife does a few of round trips of 160 miles a year, and although the ZS is fine in summer she has been sweating in the winter, although she has always had plenty miles left. Main concern with the MG5 was comfort and getting in and out due to age and bad back. the MG5 was perfectly fine and didn't actually feel much lower than the ZS, although I did bang my head once. So only very slightly behind the ZS on comfort and a bit more behind on ride comfort which is what I would expect, we decided to order one. The intention was to trade in the ZS (was offered £1900 which we accepted) then sell my Grand Voyager and get a secondhand cheaper EV. However after driving a Leaf, too uncomfortable, then a £10000 Kia Soul, because I just like the odd looks, it too was not comfortable a lot lower than I thought, back jarring over bumps, and It just didn't have the same Quality feel as the ZS. So Rang the dealer told we are keeping the ZS but PX the Grand Voyager instead, which was sad (and only £800)and would rather have kept him as well but only have a 2 car drive now.
So now we have a MG ZS Exclusive and an MG5 Exclusive and very happy with them both, and the bonus is not have to move my car to let the wife's car out or vice versa as she didn't like to drive my 2 ton bus, so now we can take whatever is at the front of the drive now. One first world problem sorted.

Will post this on the MG5 forum also

Well went for a test drive in the MG5 LR just for the extra range, as my wife does a few of round trips of 160 miles a year, and although the ZS is fine in summer she has been sweating in the winter, although she has always had plenty miles left. Main concern with the MG5 was comfort and getting in and out due to age and bad back. the MG5 was perfectly fine and didn't actually feel much lower than the ZS, although I did bang my head once. So only very slightly behind the ZS on comfort and a bit more behind on ride comfort which is what I would expect, we decided to order one. The intention was to trade in the ZS (was offered £1900 which we accepted) then sell my Grand Voyager and get a secondhand cheaper EV. However after driving a Leaf, too uncomfortable, then a £10000 Kia Soul, because I just like the odd looks, it too was not comfortable a lot lower than I thought, back jarring over bumps, and It just didn't have the same Quality feel as the ZS. So Rang the dealer told we are keeping the ZS but PX the Grand Voyager instead, which was sad (and only £800)and would rather have kept him as well but only have a 2 car drive now.
So now we have a MG ZS Exclusive and an MG5 Exclusive and very happy with them both, and the bonus is not have to move my car to let the wife's car out or vice versa as she didn't like to drive my 2 ton bus, so now we can take whatever is at the front of the drive now. One first world problem sorted.

Are you going to get another charger point put in so you can fill up both at the same time

We're the same, I bought the ZS July last year and kept my 2016 Prius for longer journeys. SWMBO had a 2006 Prius and after her getting the CAT nicked and the red triangle of death appearing on the dash we decided to trade both Priuses in for the MG5. The 2006 Prius was only worth £500 with the Battery fault so I spent £36 (and a few days labour) on some second hand cells and repaired it, bumping the value up to £3000. We now have the MG5 and ZS Exclusives in Red. The standard range 5 easily does over 200 miles on a long journey in warm weather, we calculated it would have done around 230, based on what we used, how much we topped up and how much was left after a 170 mile trip earlier this year.

No we wouldn't. With the amount of normal weekly milage we do, just wouldn't be worth it.
Same here, save it in case you flit, I think the grant's valid for some time after you got the car.

We have done the same as you, brought an MG ZS in June last year, but this year i decided to get a new car as my E class was approaching 180k miles so started looking at the ioniq 38, even got to the stage of sitting down to thrash a deal out with the sales guy, but they wouldn’t shift on price so I walked! Two weeks later and on the off chance that our local MG dealer had a 5 in for test drives I booked in for a couple of hours and swapped with the Mrs to make sure she liked driving it!
after the test drive we were both smiling, so started to sort a deal out with the sales chap, on the off chance thought I would mention the affinity deal which they agreed to so dropped the price to a point where I couldn’t say no to! so a week later picked up my ’5’
now have the ZS and a ‘5’ both have Been faultless and a pleasure to drive.
just need to shift the E Class! To clear the drive.😊

I too have purchased an MG5 (normal range) Exclusive for myself while my wife still drives the ZS EV Exclusive, both in the same colour too (tri coat red), both great cars, and I got a good deal buying the MG5 as an ex demonstrator with only 1500 miles on it. We both share 1 charger as generally my wife charges in work.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom