Software Versions

JimD

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So my 2022 pre-facelift MG5 is going in for its first service next week.

Ideally I'd like to make a note of any software versions that are accessible to the user who hasn't invested in one of those dongle things, but despite searching the forum I can't find anything that helps much for my car.

I just want to be sure that they actually do some updates (when I asked they said "We plug in with diagnostic equipment to reset the service light and whilst we are on we check to see if there is any outstanding campaigns to be done."). I'm pretty sure there will be updates, even if it's just the satnav!

Can anyone give me a quick run-down on how to find all the relevant software versions currently installed please?

Hi, I don't think the Satnav is updated for free but there maybe a radio update.
Mine went in but they didn't have time to connect it up to do the updates so its going back in for that.

That surprises me actually. I seem to recall mentioning sat nav updates when I was buying it and the sales guy said it was done during the services - he didn't mention a charge, but then he wouldn't since I hadn't signed on the dotted line yet...

Anyway, I've just been having a play about and found these screens on the infotainment system:

Attachments

• 20230328_104423.jpg
    20230328_104423.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20230328_104635.jpg
    20230328_104635.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20230328_104701.jpg
    20230328_104701.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 20230328_104749.jpg
    20230328_104749.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 117
I have no knowledge but they all seem to be something to do with the infotainment.

Which are you hoping to see change, and why?

I suspect the more useful ones won't be accessible through the display, just by dongle.

If everything is working OK I'd sooner they didn't mess with mine, unless it brought some useful enhancement. I've had enough Windows updates which cause problems to know better.

I have no knowledge but they all seem to be something to do with the infotainment.

Which are you hoping to see change, and why?

I suspect the more useful ones won't be accessible through the display, just by dongle.

If everything is working OK I'd sooner they didn't mess with mine, unless it brought some useful enhancement. I've had enough Windows updates which cause problems to know better.

I hear what you're saying about 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' and I agree. But if there are some bug fixes for known issues surely it's better to have them done - just because it hasn't gone wrong yet doesn't mean it never will.

As far as what I'm hoping for it's basically to see the satnav updates done - that's the only thing that will inevitably go out of date due to new roads, priority changes etc.

I hear what you're saying about 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' and I agree. But if there are some bug fixes for known issues surely it's better to have them done - just because it hasn't gone wrong yet doesn't mean it never will.

As far as what I'm hoping for it's basically to see the satnav updates done - that's the only thing that will inevitably go out of date due to new roads, priority changes etc.
I think with difficulty the sat nav data can be updated using a usb stick yourself.

I reckon there will be few if any further updates for a pre facelift MG5.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think with difficulty the sat nav data can be updated using a usb stick yourself.

I've read about doing that, but it sounds iffy at best.

I reckon there will be few if any further updates for a pre facelift MG5.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You're probably right that there won't be much to update. Hopefully they only schedule strictly necessary updates for servicing anyway - that would make sense for both the user and the dealers.

This is my software version, I am have a few issues with the radio locking up or going off, is it the latest version?
Is there a way to find get software version for the BMS etc?

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_170424.jpg
    IMG_20230419_170424.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 85
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom