• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

squeaky brakes

AreFriendsElectric

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello, I have a ZS long range trophy which I picked up in November. The brakes have always been a bit squeaky which has got worse recently. I do a lot of urban driving and so the regen level is set to 3 most of the time.

I am guessing that having the regen level on 1 more and so using the brakes more might help this?

No experience of this model , but I found with my two previous cars that rust tends to build up on the discs when regeneration is used exclusively . Using the mechanical brakes more often cures it . Or practice an emergency stop on a clear stretch of road every now and then ?

Haven't seen that happen to ours but then again, I tend to use the brake every now and then even though it's quite gentle but I do try make it a point to use them.

More likely to be crud on the brakes (especially given the recent damp weather) than a problem.

Find yourself a nice b road and (within speed limits & with safety in mind, obvs) indulge your inner teenager & drive like a tit for a few miles, being heavy on the brakes- should clean them up

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom