• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

State of Community check

Do you fit into any of the categories below?

• Total voters

Brettus

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hey all, I thought it might be useful to bring some context/summary of the opinions on here.
I propose this State of Community check. It’s too easy to only see one side so let’s see where the sentiment lays across owners and potential owners at the moment.
I debated making it a short lived one and fixed answers as a snapshot but I’ve settled on leaving it as a current opinion roster so you can change your option as time progresses.
I hope I’ve thought of the main options but I didn’t want to make it too scenario specific.

Hey all, I thought it might be useful to bring some context/summary of the opinions on here.
I propose this State of Community check. It’s too easy to only see one side so let’s see where the sentiment lays across owners and potential owners at the moment.
I debated making it a short lived one and fixed answers as a snapshot but I’ve settled on leaving it as a current opinion roster so you can change your option as time progresses.
I hope I’ve thought of the main options but I didn’t want to make it too scenario specific.
Hi
Got our SE LR in red just over a week ago and we are so happy with it. Coming from a Nissan Leaf 40kw which is a good comfortable car and well built, the MG4 to drive is great and with the extra range. Time will tell:):)

Got my Trophy 2 weeks ago, my first experience of an EV. I love the drive and the range is great. I find the infotainment screen a little unfriendly but have no real problems with it. It's booked in for a software update on Friday which will hopefully will ensure that the LKA remains off, but it's no problem turning it off each time I drive.

Let's see how well the software update goes but I'm very pleased with the car to date.

Well it seems we’ve got one side of the story but reading the threads for a while I know there’s another side. It’d be useful to see how the numbers stack up, to know their odds.
Surely those that unfortunately got the “Citrus Edition” didn’t just up and leave?

Had our Trophy for 3 weeks delighted with it great drive, comfortable,I found getting the car to
bind a bit of a challenge but that's more me than the car.
First EV very impressed.

Had our Trophy for 3 weeks delighted with it great drive, comfortable,I found getting the car to
bind a bit of a challenge but that's more me than the car.
First EV very impressed.
We got our Trophy Camden grey on Friday 24 this month, and have loved the driving and feel of the car. I haven't found any problems and think build quality is rather good.👍

Well it seems we’ve got one side of the story but reading the threads for a while I know there’s another side. It’d be useful to see how the numbers stack up, to know their odds.
Surely those that unfortunately got the “Citrus Edition” didn’t just up and leave?
Quite a few are knocking around still. They're very happy to let us know how great the Mégane is.

We love ours, but this result is very confusing given all the posts about how awful the MG4 is...could it be true that they create most of the noise but don't reflect the silent majority of typical ownership experience?
Considering rejected cars are into double figures just on here, the poll isn't reflective at all.
Members may have left when they punted their cars to be fair

Knew you'd say that!
No surprise then, you (as in the forum) want an accurate poll, it would need all owners that have come and gone on here since first release to vote.

Otherwise you are all just sitting here blowing smoke up each others arses

No surprise then, you (as in the forum) want an accurate poll, it would need all owners that have come and gone on here since first release to vote.

Agreed, but seeing as none of the models come with a flux capacitor I guess we have to start somewhere and take stock as we go. Perhaps the story it tells now is of improvements made since the first batches or maybe it’s just survivor bias but it should become more reality reflective with age hopefully.

There's no perfect poll, which seems to be the only standard you would accept to change your (already made up) mind.

I voted "Other", because I had ordered an MG4 and changed my mind when the number of issues being reported by those that had taken delivery reached a tipping point for me.

It irks me no end that the options are out of what is likely the order pipeline now but I think it covers most of the possible bases and opinions without being too specific.

I’ll try and do some collation of threads to ascertain some returned figures for balance as the intention was to contain them, I don’t think we’ll be able to include them in the poll without people returning to post it as it’s named votes but still, it’s data.

I've chosen Delivered - Love It, even though mine has the oil leak issue. In terms of driving it's up there with any other car I've previously had - even the Golf GT I had from 2012 to 2017 which had the 140 bhp diesel engine; I thought that was fast but the MG4 beats it hands down (up to legal speed limits anyway).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 466 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 78 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back