• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Steering wheel control button bottom right hand side.

Hot Red 5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I tried to use the button on the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel which I thought was voice control for the phone
has anyone any idea what it is for as nothing happened when I pressed it?

it works for Android Auto, so when your phone is plugged in by USB that button does voice control.
i seem to recall in the settings there was something else you could set it to do, but certainly thats what it does for me

Upvote 0
I tried to use the button on the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel which I thought was voice control for the phone
has anyone any idea what it is for as nothing happened when I pressed it?
It's a generic voice command button that opens the microphone for me when I'm using Android Auto (I suspect also for Carplay) and you can do a Google search or set destination. On Trophy Connect it provides a more general voice-activated control

Upvote 0
It's a generic voice command button that opens the microphone for me when I'm using Android Auto (I suspect also for Carplay) and you can do a Google search or set destination. On Trophy Connect it provides a more general voice-activated control
Yeah - it activates Siri if you're on iphone using carplay. No idea if it works over bluetooth though as I never bothered to connect the phone that way.

Upvote 0
That's for the ZS, not MG5 👍🏻
Yes the Trophy Connect which has inbuilt most of the features and function (WRT the operation of the car) you'd otherwise get with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Whether the facelift MG5 will also have the "Connect" or "iSmart" functions when it arrives in the UK I don't know. Meantime just hook up your phone and use it to activate Assistant.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom