• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Stoneacre Middlesbrough - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Well booked my car in for today for the first time at Stoneacre Middlesbrough not impressed!! Organised for the wife to drop off and them to drop her at home or work. When she took it they said they were too busy and she had to walk!. I bought my car at Durham who have been absolutely amazing as I did have some issues but they sorted everything. It now needs It's first service I think Ill be making the trip to Durham!!

Absolute nightmare garage. I had a 2nd year manufacturer's service done here in August 2022, on receiving the car back the heater fan was making a racket, to the point of the dash vibrating. I asked them about it and they said "we just did what mg instruct". I booked for them to take a look and they told me I would have to pay £80 to look at it. I argued that the car didn't do this previously, and they said it was the motor bearings and was covered by warranty. A week later the part was there, when I got the car back I checked in the car park immediately and nothing was different. If anything it was worse. I walked back in and they tried telling me that it was fixed and there was nothing wrong with it now. She also told me another customer had asked about similar the week before (which was me). The mechanic was unavailable to speak to, and when I asked for them so turn the fans up on a model in a showroom to compare, the lass said she'd get the manager. She came back telling me that he was busy and nobody can come out to the car (10 feet from the door) and that there's nothing they could do and I'd have to contact mg.
I called MG there and then who advised it could be fan bearing and to go to an mg garage, I explained the situation and they told me the garage can raise a technical request from mg where someone comes out. I asked the dealer if they could request this and they said I should have a call when it's happening.

It's now February the following year and I called to ask for an update. Nobody was available in Middlesbrough and I opted for a callback. I got a call from their head office who looked up the records for my car and there's no mention of the fan noises or the technical request, only that they replaced the fan. The guy tried calling the dealership and it's management directly and couldn't get hold of them. I never want to go to this dealership again, but also would like them to fix what they've broken. It may sound silly but I'm looking to sell the car as soon as this is fixed so I never have to go to this dealership again (next closest is an hour round trip)

Looks like this place is beginning to get a reputation. I do hope you can get everything sorted.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom