• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Stoneacre Nottingham - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
This thread is for discussing Stoneacre Nottingham. Please ask questions here and share only your genuine opinions & experiences.

[As of May 2023, no longer an MG dealer]

Last edited:
Initially very helpful and informative, took an MG5 on motability scheme which was very well handled by Sam and a car was quickly sourced. Everything was great for 6 days then it broke down and has been back for repair for the last week. Told car is okay but checking with MGUK who want diagnostics from the car. Service department don't give me enough updates as to what's happening i always have to chase it up for information. Obviously the current lockdown is hampering things. Despite it all i would still recommend this dealership.

Initially very helpful and informative, took an MG5 on motability scheme which was very well handled by Sam and a car was quickly sourced. Everything was great for 6 days then it broke down and has been back for repair for the last week. Told car is okay but checking with MGUK who want diagnostics from the car. Service department don't give me enough updates as to what's happening i always have to chase it up for information. Obviously the current lockdown is hampering things. Despite it all i would still recommend this dealership.
Could you post a thread in the MG5 forum detailing what happened when the car broke down, please?

Avoid this dealership they have no knowledge on ev's - thats the service staff and mechanics and they tell fibs. I dont like to talk about dealerships in such ways but these were bad and MG customer service surprisingly did not really help either.

Avoid this dealership they have no knowledge on ev's - thats the service staff and mechanics and they tell fibs. I dont like to talk about dealerships in such ways but these were bad and MG customer service surprisingly did not really help either.
Jamlam wrote his comment 14 months ago so I will offer a recent experience having just bought a Trophy Connect from them. Before buying I queried how many mechanics they had got who were EV trained. They told me they have two, The sales staff seemed knowlegeable and enthusiasric for EVs ( not true for a junior member of staff I first saw some months ago but to be fair having been around this forum for a while I probably know more than most salesmen who are not besotted by MGs).

Jamlam wrote his comment 14 months ago so I will offer a recent experience having just bought a Trophy Connect from them. Before buying I queried how many mechanics they had got who were EV trained. They told me they have two, The sales staff seemed knowlegeable and enthusiasric for EVs ( not true for a junior member of staff I first saw some months ago but to be fair having been around this forum for a while I probably know more than most salesmen who are not besotted by MGs).
No he didn't write this comment 14 months ago, he wrote it last week, AND it's an ongoing problem, as I understand it, right now. There's a thread about it if you'd like a read.

No he didn't write this comment 14 months ago, he wrote it last week, AND it's an ongoing problem, as I understand it, right now. There's a thread about it if you'd like a read.
Thanks for that clarification. I'll be extra vigilant and report back.

Thinby it seems you have not had to return your vehicle for any repairs this will help you see their real colours. They will do anything to sell but to fix a problem they try to avoid it.

I'm grateful for the heads up and I will share my future experiences on the forum. I'm picking the car up today. My first new car since a yellow mini 1275 GT in 1978. Hopefully the MG will be better than that was!

Make sure you read this.

Just got a notification from MG:-
We are writing to you as you have previously been linked to one of our MG dealerships, Stoneacre MG Nottingham.

We would like to inform you that Stoneacre MG Nottingham is no longer an MG dealer. Your closest dealerships for Sales and Service are shown below. Should you wish, you can also find additional facilities using the dealer locator on our website.
Sandicliffe MG Nottingham
Abbeyfield Road
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG7 2SZ
Telephone: 01159 395000

We are writing to you as you have previously been linked to one of our MG dealerships, Stoneacre MG Nottingham.

We would like to inform you that Stoneacre MG Nottingham is no longer an MG dealer. Your closest dealerships for Sales and Service are shown below. Should you wish, you can also find additional facilities using the dealer locator on our website.
Abbeyfield Road
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG7 2SZ
Also not the worse news in the world, never got a car from a dealership where I know more about the car than they do. I just feel sorry for the Fiat 500 EV customers that still have to listen to them babble on.

Abbeyfield Road
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG7 2SZ
That's interesting. I bought mine from Sandicliffe MG Nottingham and so far the dealings I've had with both sales and servicing have been great. I nearly went to Stoneacre MG Derby but they never got back to me about a test drive so they lost the sale.

Abbeyfield Road
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG7 2SZ
Does their website need updating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums