Swansea to Bristol Airport

Gwynfor Hughes

Established Member
Reaction score
We are travelling to Bristol Airport from Swansea on Friday.
I'm yet to use a public serving point.
We will be returning from holidays in the early hours, therefore would need to charge somewhere between Newport and Bristol Airport.
Could someone recommend the most reliable place to charge .
Many thanks

We are travelling to Bristol Airport from Swansea on Friday.
I'm yet to use a public serving point.
We will be returning from holidays in the early hours, therefore would need to charge somewhere between Newport and Bristol Airport.
Could someone recommend the most reliable place to charge .
Many thanks
Hi, you could try Aust services, which is just after the old severn bridge on England side. There is a new Gridserve charging point installed. There is only 1 charger though. The Gridserve chargers are replacing the aging Ecotricity chargers in most service stations along the M4 and other motorways. I used the Gridserve chargers a fee weeks ago and they are reliable. No need to sign up to a charge card etc, just pay with debit card (contactless) and charge. 30 p per Kw.

Thank you for your reply.
I have now booked the multi storey car park at Bristol Airport which I understand houses 10 charging points.
Thanks and apologies for my naivety with regards to this.

Instavolt at Portishead would be a good reliable stop. Instavolt at Bannantynes in Newport. Dont put your money on Gridserve at Magor services. Lots of new stuff at Mollies Cribbs Causeway. Suggest having a test charge before the day. There is a poster somewhere who discovered his car did not like rapids when he used one for first time!

Swansea to Bristol Airport is only 86 miles (according to google). Unless your driving "like you stole it", easy to do on a full charge. I would on the way to the airport pop into mollies at cribbs causeway to top up to 80ish% (best for speed to rapid charge with a warm battery), maybe food also and don't worry about airport charging. On the way back, you got the range to get home, and if its a cold night, maybe a "splash and dash" charge at cardiff gate or cardiff east, just to top up the battery and empty some water bottles...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom