Tariffs

am84

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone that has a charger sorted out an energy supplier/Tariff ?
Just been thinking by the time my car gets delivered they’ll be a bump in electricity prices. Was wondering if you can get locked into a deal just now, iv turned my charger off at consumer unit so not drawing any power .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for going a bit off topic, has anyone that has a charger sorted out an energy supplier/Tarrif ?
Just been thinking by the time my car gets delivered they’ll be a bump in electricity prices. Was wondering if you can get locked into a deal just now, iv turned my charger off at consumer unit so not drawing any power .
I believe they will need the vehicle reg, to check and register their end to see if you’re eligible for EV rate.

This is what I was told by Octopus. They also asked about what meters I had installed, though smart meter, I have day/ night rate and they mentioned something about this having to change

Again, these conversations happened in march when delivery was April… 😀

Sorry for going a bit off topic, has anyone that has a charger sorted out an energy supplier/Tarrif ?
Hi Am

I did quite a bit of research on this and OVO Energy Drive Anytime seemed to be the best for me. It is a smart tariff and the Indra chargers installed by ChargedEV are compatible. Introducing Anytime, the add-on for OVO Drive.

Worked out quite a bit cheaper than Octopus Go in my particular case.

I believe they will need the vehicle reg, to check and register their end to see if you’re eligible for EV rate.

This is what I was told by Octopus. They also asked about what meters I had installed, though smart meter, I have day/ night rate and they mentioned something about this having to change

Again, these conversations happened in march when delivery was April… 😀
I didn't need to do this to sign up for the OVO Drive anytime tariff, I have been on this tariff since March, so the year of fixed rates will expire before any of us see an MG ZS EV in our driveways.

I'm on Octopus Go. In all honesty they don't ask anything about the vehicle, just to confirm yoi have one or have one on order.

As I've said previously I'm borrowing a friends Zoe. In the 4 hours of cheap energy i get just over 50% of battery, so about 120 miles for £2.10

I’ll speak to the wife when she gets in, it was just something that had crossed my mind.
I didn't need to do this to sign up for the OVO Drive anytime tariff, I have been on this tariff since March, so the year of fixed rates will expire before any of us see an MG ZS EV in our driveways.
have you been billed for anything or have you turned yours off til you get one?

I’ll speak to the wife when she gets in, it was just something that had crossed my mind.

have you been billed for anything or have you turned yours off til you get one?
Charger is just switched of at the board, but have charged a friend's EV and all seems to work well.

I went with Octopus Go and they were happy that I had a car on order. The tariff is approximately 27p daytime and 7p from 00:30-04:30. That was several months ago so not sure what they’re offering now.

D7433876-911B-4F39-AAE8-7CF6B0B7DF44.jpg

Check out OVO drive, 5p and on peak was less than Octopus for me.
Just had a look on their website. They aren’t giving online quotes or even much information on tariffs. In fact they are advising that people should stick with their current supplier. They do suggest ringing them so I might try that. It’s a minefield though!

Yeah Iv just read that. Sounds good thiugh.
My current supplier is BULb and they’re offering

Attachments

• 98CDB623-9C66-41C5-9A6B-845D7FA0AA8A.png
    98CDB623-9C66-41C5-9A6B-845D7FA0AA8A.png
    887.4 KB · Views: 81
British Gas have withdrawn their EV tariff .None of the "experts" are recommending changing supplier atm. And if what I'm hearing this morning that an energy payment deficit plan of some sort is being proposed, with that deficit being spread over 10-15 yrs, comes into being that may change things again.

Just had a look on their website. They aren’t giving online quotes or even much information on tariffs. In fact they are advising that people should stick with their current supplier. They do suggest ringing them so I might try that. It’s a minefield though!
Contacted OVO today. They have withdrawn the OVO Drive tariff for new customers and are awaiting the outcome of the price cap announcement in September/October after which they may re-introduce it.

Contacted OVO today. They have withdrawn the OVO Drive tariff for new customers and are awaiting the outcome of the price cap announcement in September/October after which they may re-introduce it.
That’s a shame as it was a good deal.looks like I’d need to Waite and use my own supplier at the min. Need to wait til October to get shafted again with price hikes.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom