Tesla reduces model 3 price in China to CNY 249,900, which equals to £28,638.

EricGao

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV

Using CATL LFP batteries cuts the costs.

Using CATL LFP batteries cuts the costs.

But we can’t buy it for that price can we.....very disappointed

Maybe tesla also will cut price in UK, I heard that from Q4, Tesla will deliver Shanghai-made Model 3 to Europe, replaces the California-made ones.
Well this will cause sales trouble for are the other EV brands.
Tesla also have two cheaper models in the pipeline for 2021/ 2022 @ about 20k and 25k so the other brands may struggle to sell. I am a bit worried Tesla will wipe out resale value of the current ZS EV in next few years.

Well this will cause sales trouble for are the other EV brands.
Tesla also have two cheaper models in the pipeline for 2021/ 2022 @ about 20k and 25k so the other brands may struggle to sell. I am a bit worried Tesla will wipe out resale value of the current ZS EV in next few years.
tesla's target is killing ICE cars, not other EVs. In China, all people think there will be another 30000CNY (£3500) cut of model 3 during next one year. Shanghai factory has a capacity 4000 units per week now, and it will expand to 20000 units per week in one or two years.

let's see what will happen.

Yes we will wait to see what happens.
Tesla is already the best selling EV in China despite the price.
I hear the waiting list for Tesla Model 3 in China is about 2 years. ZS EV has virtually no waiting list. Just a production lag of 8 weeks.
Tesla may be targeting ICE but the way the EV industry is setup currently several EV producers will be wiped out before a sustainable competition to Tesla can evolve.
This is a big problem in China already. Several Chinese EV start ups have folded up just like that British Billion who gave up his EV production dream earlier this year.
The companies that may succeed in competing with Tesla are mainly current ICE producers who in general seem to have a plan of sky-rockecting ICE production and sales over the next 10 years to generate the money to fund their ICE to BEV conversion.
Apart from XPENG most of the solely EV producers in China have already been wiped out by the Tesla effect.

1. Shanghai-made Tesla model 3 can be delivered up to 4 weeks after ordering, in China, no waiting list, Shanghai gigafactory has enough capacity.

2. In China, the best selling solely EV producer is NIO, its total stock value just surpassed Ford, :eek:, Xpeng is good but not as good as NIO, the question is that NIO and Xpeng dont have their own factories, they cars are made by other ICE producers.

3. I think all ICE producers made big mistakes, they undervalued Tesla, and didn't believe BEVs time will coming so quickly, the result is, most ICE gaints dont have enough technologies to produce high quality BEV.

4. the attitude of china goverment, china is the largest car market, but the level of china's ICE car producers are all very low, including technologies, brands, and other factors. so the electrification is a good opportunity to chase and exceed international gaints. to elon musk, China is the only market to enlarge tesla, it is a big deal, i know some details, such as tesla can built a 100% tesla owned factory in shanghai, the field is free, no taxes in few years, model 3 can gain gov grant like other china made BEVs and PHEVs, tesla promised 100% localization at the end of 2020. till now, it looks a double win game.

1. Shanghai-made Tesla model 3 can be delivered up to 4 weeks after ordering, in China, no waiting list, Shanghai gigafactory has enough capacity.

2. In China, the best selling solely EV producer is NIO, its total stock value just surpassed Ford, :eek:, Xpeng is good but not as good as NIO, the question is that NIO and Xpeng dont have their own factories, they cars are made by other ICE producers.

3. I think all ICE producers made big mistakes, they undervalued Tesla, and didn't believe BEVs time will coming so quickly, the result is, most ICE gaints dont have enough technologies to produce high quality BEV.

4. the attitude of china goverment, china is the largest car market, but the level of china's ICE car producers are all very low, including technologies, brands, and other factors. so the electrification is a good opportunity to chase and exceed international gaints. to elon musk, China is the only market to enlarge tesla, it is a big deal, i know some details, such as tesla can built a 100% tesla owned factory in shanghai, the field is free, no taxes in few years, model 3 can gain gov grant like other china made BEVs and PHEVs, tesla promised 100% localization at the end of 2020. till now, it looks a double win game.
I agree the Chinese have made things favourable for Tesla but not sure where you are getting your other data from.
Chinese government data seems to suggest other trends.
There is a lot of hype and failure to deliver by Tesla in terms of time scale. And currently no EV manufacturer produces a mountain of cars just waiting to be bought.
Tesla approach is always to create a lot of hype which results in a large order book of at least 8 to 12months production before it starts any production.

I agree the Chinese have made things favourable for Tesla but not sure where you are getting your other data from.
Chinese government data seems to suggest other trends.
There is a lot of hype and failure to deliver by Tesla in terms of time scale. And currently no EV manufacturer produces a mountain of cars just waiting to be bought.
Tesla approach is always to create a lot of hype which results in a large order book of at least 8 to 12months production before it starts any production.

I dont know how tesla sells products om UK or Europe, but in China, customers use APP to order, then the car will arrive during 1 to 4 weeks after paying.

below is the screenshot of tesla's APP.

tsl1.jpg

I dont know how tesla sells products om UK or Europe, but in China, customers use APP to order, then the car will arrive during 1 to 4 weeks after paying.

below is the screenshot of tesla's APP.

View attachment 638
That is amazing.
Same method is used here in UK. It takes up to 3 months in most of the recent cases. Took a little more than 5 to 6 months over the peak Covid period and has since been reducing to 8 to 12 weeks.
Tesla Advertisements are not what one should go by. Real time ordering and sales data is what one should use. New Cars sales everywhere went down because of Covid. Tesla however has been supporting sustained sales from long list of pre orders. The economic reality is that if they did not do that they will not be able to maintain sustained production levels in any of their factories.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom