• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Test drive that wasn't

Marcad

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I went to test drive the ZS and 5 back to back which I had arranged earlier in the week. I turned up to find the Test drive hadn't been booked, the ZS was being charged and the 5 had a flat battery. Well that went well then. I have had to put it off until January. The only saving grace for the dealers is that they accepted their error, it doesn't help me though. Moan over. Watch this space it will happen subject to tier restrictions!

Marry Christmas everyone
Marc

Today I went to test drive the ZS and 5 back to back which I had arranged earlier in the week. I turned up to find the Test drive hadn't been booked, the ZS was being charged and the 5 had a flat battery. Well that went well then. I have had to put it off until January. The only saving grace for the dealers is that they accepted their error, it doesn't help me though. Moan over. Watch this space it will happen subject to tier restrictions!

Marry Christmas everyone
Marc
Yup, this is the downside of test driving EV’s, can’t just pop along and put petrol in it. If the dealership has f**ked up the booking for said Test drive it is a major inconvenience. I had a similar situation when I went for test drive, give the Sales Manager his due he telephoned a customer that was waiting for his new car for permission to have a short drive of his new car which the customer did allow.

iI can't ever remember going for a test drive in an ICE car that had much more than 'fumes' left in the tank.

You'd think it would be fairly simple in a BEV to plug it in every time it comes back in?

I managed to get a test drive for a whole weekend. I asked the dealer not to charge fully as I wanted to test the car being charged on my existing home charger as part of my evaluation of the car. When I went to collect the car they had fully charged it! (standard practice I guess?). Just meant I had to drive further so I could try a top-up. Did about 120 miles in that weekend which convinced me to buy. Great car.

Marry Christmas everyone
Marc

I'd be off to a different dealer....

That is an option, I have one in Hemel Hempstead and there are others a little further out, the Hemel dealer doesn't have the 5 yet. I have put everything on back boiler until after the Christmas disruption, sorry I meant Christmas Holidays and I will renew my efforts then. Thanks you all for the comments.
Marc

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom