the front fog light

gege77184

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello I would like to know where to buy the front fog lights for a 2020 MG ZS EV, I saw this on the shop aliexpress but I don't know is good for my car.
Thanks

There are none. The ones on Aliexpress are for the Petrol and are a completely different shape.

If I ever get around to it, I'm going to custom fit a pair of Hella Micro DE projector beam fog lights in the lower grille, as shown below, but it's involved, so I doubt anyone else will want to do it!! I'll do a write up on it for fun though.

93473729_232257741351054_6171847835185577984_o.jpg

Did you make the front grill block in this picture?
I've never seen that before and I was just looking how to do the same with coroplast.
I think this look way better that was I was going to do.
My idea was a blocked grill would reduce drag and therefore would result in a slighlty better range.

Did you make the front grill block in this picture?
I've never seen that before and I was just looking how to do the same with coroplast.
I think this look way better that was I was going to do.
My idea was a blocked grill would reduce drag and therefore would result in a slighlty better range.

It's just a render at this stage, I am thinking over options to close the grille. Although not shown, the closure would be in two parts as it is now, to allow for the charging flap operation.

Closing the grille will cost some airflow, but there will still be plenty from the lower grille. I've felt the underbody components after a motorway run, and they don't get very hot at all, so I don't think closing the grille would cause any heat build up issues, at worst, the cooling fan might run a little more under extreme useage.

Of course, the other consideration is if the car breaks down and is presented to an MG dealer with a closed grille, they're almost bound to blame this for any issues, so that needs to be considered!

I was thinking the part closing the grille would have to attach to the charging door and would simply rest on the other part of the grille.
I too am not afraid of the lost of airflow to the radiator because of the lower grille.

I was thinking the part closing the grille would have to attach to the charging door and would simply rest on the other part of the grille.
I too am not afraid of the lost of airflow to the radiator because of the lower grille.
I see what you mean. I don't think that would work as the charging door has to push in quite a bit to then disengage, so it would mess up that solution. The cover would also remain in the way for plug insertion I'd expect.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom