• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

The future of the Marvel R?

2of3

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I'm always on the lookout for the latest new ev models and news on developing technology in the field. YouTube has been a great source for keeping up on all the news. I came across one video the really caught my attention. Australian YouTuber Sam Evens aka The Electric Viking is a guy I follow closely. He seems to have his finger on the pulse of all the latest developments and has some valuable insight/predictions on the future of EVs.

He showcased an interesting new model on his show a couple of months ago from the parent company of MG, SAIC. The brand formally known as Roewe has been rebranded to Feifan or "rising motors". Their first model is an EV SUV called the R7. What's interesting to me is that it's rumored to be coming to Europe this year.

Now it could very likely be launched as it's own brand, but I feel that it's likely to be rebranded as an MG for the EU/UK market. Mostly because MG already has a presence in both markets. It would make more sense to go under an established brand that already has the infrastructure in place rather than launching a new brand.

Remember that both the MG5 (mark 1 and facelift) and the Marvel R were both sold in China under the Roewe brand and Feifan while seemingly is it's own thing has actually still kept the same "R" logo for the R7.

I would be really surprised if this car if released over here didn't turn out to be the next gen Marvel R (MG Marvel R7 or just the MG R7?)

Opinions?
e105101f5fd67f79fc241456751761ba@76508-1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
FeiFan-R7-2-1024x649.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom