Thread curation - your posts might get tweaked

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up that I will be curating the content.
What that means is that if I can improve the search ranking or intuitive meaning of a thread title, I will do.
For example, changing a thread title from 'Newbie' to 'New MG ZS EV owner here'.
And if there is an obvious spelling mistake in a title or within a post which I think will negatively affect the search ranking, I will fix it.
The search ranking is important because we want people searching the internet to find our threads and posts so that they visit, join and become part of the community.

KasEV

Stuart,
Thanks for the great work you are putting into keeping the forum in "tip-top" shape. I know this can be very time consuming and I believe all the members greatly appreciate this.
If I may politely ask, I will ask if an element of politeness curation can also be brought to bear. Although one should not be over-bearingly PC, I would think overt racial abuse, religious abuse and homophobic abuse etc should be actively curtailed. Unfortunately I find that such abusive language is taking root on some of the post on this forum. I am not offended by such abuse but I am sure there are members who are offended.

ARealHuman

Stuart,
Thanks for the great work you are putting into keeping the forum in "tip-top" shape. I know this can be very time consuming and I believe all the members greatly appreciate this.
If I may politely ask, I will ask if an element of politeness curation can also be brought to bear. Although one should not be over-bearingly PC, I would think overt racial abuse, religious abuse and homophobic abuse etc should be actively curtailed. Unfortunately I find that such abusive language is taking root on some of the post on this forum. I am not offended by such abuse but I am sure there are members who are offended.

If you see such posts, you can always report them using the "report" link below the offending post ;)

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Thread curation is different to thread moderation.
People inherently need thick skins when using forums because people (including myself!) often don't accept opinions different from their own and respond with ad hominem attacks rather than reasoned argument.
I will come down heavily on people who insult others. So single posts like this will get moderated with warnings given.
Similarly, trolling behaviour where a member, over a series of posts, demonstrates a pattern of deliberately (or accidentally) irritating other members will also be addressed.

The report button is essential.

KasEV

Thread curation is different to thread moderation.
People inherently need thick skins when using forums because people (including myself!) often don't accept opinions different from their own and respond with ad hominem attacks rather than reasoned argument.
I will come down heavily on people who insult others. So single posts like this will get moderated with warnings given.
Similarly, trolling behaviour where a member, over a series of posts, demonstrates a pattern of deliberately (or accidentally) irritating other members will also be addressed.

The report button is essential.
Thanks for both your curation and moderation activity.
We all should have a free, open and welcoming attitude to opinions no matter how opposed we are to them.
Such opinion should be however presented with politeness and logically so all Thanks to you for creating such an excellent environment on the forum for us all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marmitek
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom