Thule roof rack footpack

OnlyEV

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Please help trying to buy thule footpack for my roof bars, but every shop or online store keep saying nothing available due to roof rails on mg5 ev only being decorative. But we now know they will hold 35kg so if anyone as brought a footpack or a roof rack please let me know which make and model. Thanks

Please help trying to buy thule footpack for my roof bars, but every shop or online store keep saying nothing available due to roof rails on mg5 ev only being decorative. But we now know they will hold 35kg so if anyone as brought a footpack or a roof rack please let me know which make and model. Thanks
Wasn't there an official compliance statement published by MG when they got the bars certified at 35kg? Maybe if you tracked that down and emailed it to Thule's Customer Services or Technical Support you'd get an answer. Good luck and when you get the compatible product number be sure to post it on the forum

Any joy finding the correct thule footpack for an mg5? ty!
My roof bars (Atera SIGNO RT) which were previously bought for my Ford Grand CMax fitted the MG5 - so a Thule footpack that suits this car might work. Profile of the bars were very similar but a little narrower dimensions on the MG5.

Wasn't there an official compliance statement published by MG when they got the bars certified at 35kg? Maybe if you tracked that down and emailed it to Thule's Customer Services or Technical Support you'd get an answer. Good luck and when you get the compatible product number be sure to post it on the forum
If your mg5 is newer 2022 model roof rails are rated to 75kg

If your mg5 is newer 2022 model roof rails are rated to 75kg
Standard Range model is 35kg (Recall issues to add page to user manual), Long Range is 75kg.

There are forum users with the Standard Range who have (at their own risk) successfully loaded more than 35kg, but who knows the implications to insurance cover, etc if issue arise 🤷‍♂️

Has anyone with the 7104 raised rail Thule footpack not managed to get the tightening screw to "click click click"? I tightened it almost as much as I physically could (and a touch more than I felt comfortable) and it didn't click. Was surely more than 4nm though - the Thule screwdriver was beginning to twist out of shape in my hand. I slackened it back a bit - it's not budging in any case.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom