Toomey MG Basildon - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Up to the time that we signed on the dotted line, the salesman was great, answered all our questions. After that, phone calls were never answered (no voicemail), when they were answered the reply was very vague and non commiting to anything. Emails took about 5 days to get a reply.

Picked up the car ok, (in Covid conditions) and was informed that all the software updates were done (not so). Was told if we have any questions, just contact them (see comments above!)

When I did speak to them on a rare call, I informed them that the software updates were not done. Was on hold waiting to be transferred to service, but did not get through. Still waiting for service department to call me.

The car is great, learning a lot from this site. Search for my post 'my first month with an EV'

Will I use Toomey's again, once I have the software updates I doubt it. So looking for somewhere to have the servicing done locally.

After taking the car in for the day and being told that all the software is up to date and if I want to be able to charge on AC with the doors unlocked I will need to pay for the Comfort 2 update to be installed. They did not know what to say when I informed them that it is installed (GOM etc showing) and that MG want the car in for a minimum of 2 weeks to look at the issue with the navigation system I have written a 3 page complaint letter to them.

Will update this post when I have a response from them. Had a few very nice emails from them already

After taking the car in for the day and being told that all the software is up to date and if I want to be able to charge on AC with the doors unlocked I will need to pay for the Comfort 2 update to be installed. They did not know what to say when I informed them that it is installed (GOM etc showing) and that MG want the car in for a minimum of 2 weeks to look at the issue with the navigation system I have written a 3 page complaint letter to them.

Will update this post when I have a response from them. Had a few very nice emails from them already
Try Glyn Hopkins East London

The sales side were brilliant from start to finish. I didn’t get any after sales contact, which I was a little surprised about. I’ve had a problem with the car Link here but their service side haven’t been the greatest so far. Mind you, neither have MG customer service.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom