• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Top accessories

DaveA70

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all. All being well, I’ll have my quality used ZS tomorrow. Aside from the serious stuff like charging, what are the top accessories/upgrades/nic-nacs (MG and non-MG) that you’ve found useful?

Rubber boot liner (y)

PXL_20201023_105607896.jpg

Led headlights (better visibility and uses less power)
Clear indicators (removes orange glow)
Led interior light bulbs
Led number plate bulbs
Sill scuff plates
Boot liner
Rear dimming mirror
Dash cam
Mud guards
More insulation for under dash

That's about it up to now

I took a leaf out of the 'Mike Proctor' video and got the sill to protect the car paint. I think it is a must have accessory.

Attachments

• IMG_20210102_135741.jpg
    IMG_20210102_135741.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 574
Led interior light bulbs
Led number plate bulbs
Sill scuff plates
Boot liner
Rear dimming mirror
Dash cam
Mud guards

Nice list - seems LED is the way forward. I have seen the MG sill scuff plates but I think they’re only for the front - I might look out for some aftermarket ones.

I took a leaf out of the 'Mike Proctor' video and got the sill to protect the car paint. I think it is a must have accessory.
Ah Mr Proctor crops up everywhere! I think he’s the sage of ZS EV motoring - I am using his tutorials on YouTube.

Nice list - seems LED is the way forward. I have seen the MG sill scuff plates but I think they’re only for the front - I might look out for some aftermarket ones.
Look on Ali express I got front and rear scuff plates with blue metallic logo same colour as the ev badge on the back, they look great.
The led lights take a lot less current drain from the battery too

Led interior light bulbs
Led number plate bulbs
Sill scuff plates
Boot liner
Rear dimming mirror
Dash cam
Mud guards

Can you tell more about the insulation under the dashboard! Maybe with pictures. Thanks

Where is this liner from - looks far better than the generic ones - is it dealer only ?
It was directly from the supplier on eBay who manufactured them for MG, guessing he's sold out of any remaining stock as they aren't listed any long.

Can you tell more about the insulation under the dashboard! Maybe with pictures. Thanks
Not got any pics, I got cold air through the dash under the steering wheel, in fact if you put your hand where the notch is fir the streering wheel adjuster is you can feel the draft.

If you look up under the steering wheel you can see the bottom of the windscreen.

I bought some fireproof wadding off ebay and layered it up in that area away from any catches etc.
Nice and warm now and seems to have stopped any condensation too.

I may do the other side as well but looked up there above the fuse box and there is padding up there .

Not got any pics, I got cold air through the dash under the steering wheel, in fact if you put your hand where the notch is fir the streering wheel adjuster is you can feel the draft.

If you look up under the steering wheel you can see the bottom of the windscreen.

I bought some fireproof wadding off ebay and layered it up in that area away from any catches etc.
Nice and warm now and seems to have stopped any condensation too.

I may do the other side as well but looked up there above the fuse box and there is padding up there .
Thanks, I will have a look at that tomorrow. So far I haven't felt any draft. But maybe it's because I have a left-hand drive! But I will investigate that, it sounds like a quick fix if needed 👍

It was directly from the supplier on eBay who manufactured them for MG, guessing he's sold out of any remaining stock as they aren't listed any long.
Did they actually tell you that? It doesn’t really look anything like the original one.

Did they actually tell you that? It doesn’t really look anything like the original one.
The eBay advert was worded so, managed to find it in my sales history:

Screenshot_20210108-175654.png

Screenshot_20210108-175909.png

As pointed out by kiltox it may not be genuine, but I'm very happy with the quality, managed to find it listed elsewhere for the same price I paid:

Managed to get the original from eBay. Seller was selling the entire set with the mats and mud flaps but I asked if I could just take the boot liner for £50. Much lighter than the heavy rubber mat posted above...
IMG20210111154557.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom