Touch Screen Unexpected Reboot

ChrisT

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I had my first experience of the touchscreen unexpectedly rebooting whilst driving. I had lights on, heating on etc and I heard a click and it rebooted.

I wonder if it's something to do with electrical load?

Mine did it once today for the first time, sat in the car with everything on to defrost.

Mine did the same when driving to work, heating on first red , fan at 1 , lights on, rear window de mister on. It was 6 degrees.
It would be interesting to see how common this is.

Mine also rebooted today for no apparent reason. A little bit disconcerting when you're driving. Does anyone have an answer to this?

The same has happened to me a couple of times, I was using the navigation one time when it happened!!

I wasn't using anything actually. The heater was on, but nothing else, not even the radio.

I suspect it may be a software problem, although this only speculation. How can you tell if you have the latest version? My car is a year old, but I've only had it for two months.

I'm not sure! my car is a year old and is due for its service a week on Saturday! I will mention it to them and see if the updates solve the problem!

My radio also rebooted today on a drive while using apple car play - screen went black and then the MG logo came back up while it rebooted.

I only picked up my car yesterday so maybe a software issue?

I wasn't using anything actually. The heater was on, but nothing else, not even the radio.

I suspect it may be a software problem, although this only speculation. How can you tell if you have the latest version? My car is a year old, but I've only had it for two months.
If the time is on the touchscreen it's got the update.

Happened on pre facelift ICE ZS all the time, they updated software, the screen in the EV is the same unit.

On facelift ICE cars 10” screen now fitted so maybe that screen will come on facelift EV.

Original software should be updated!

The question I'm asking myself is will the new screen be retrofittable? I.e. could we upgrade our stereo units with the new one?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom