MG ZS EV Touch Up Paint

Seve

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have an MGZS EV in Dynamic Red (2020) I have a couple of scratched that need touching up, I've tried ordering a touch up pen / paint, but keep getting the same reply from Mg dealers advising that MG have stopped suppling certain touch up pens / paint, unfortunately Dynamic Red is on the not available list, do any members have any ideas?
Many thanks
Seve

Get your paint code from the B pillar label and go on eBay and order one. I got some for my previous Toyota and Lexus without any problems.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I do find the touch up with lacquer built-in is easyer to use leading to better results for novices
I agree !.
I like the idea you can use just the base cost first ( if the chip is deep ) then mix some base coat and lacquer together for the final touch in.
If the touch in is slightly proud, you can cut it back if you like.
Wooden cocktail sticks are ideal for stone chips.
It gives you much better control than the brush that is supplied in the kit.

on ebay they offer a primer too - how should it be used ?
If the stone chip is really deep, with bare metal exposed, then you can use the primer first.
It will help build up the depth of the layers of paint and provide a key for the colour and top coat too bond.
Remember not to use a lot primer as you need to allow space in the chip, to accept the colour and then the protective lacquer ( if it’s two stage paint ).
If the stone chip is small, then the primer is not 100% necessary.

How can I confirm the color code of the car ? I don't see on label any mentioning of it...
I'm pretty sure it is RJS ...

How can I confirm the color code of the car ? I don't see on label any mentioning of it...
I'm pretty sure it is RJS ...
Sorry, are you looking for the actual manufactures colour code for your car ?.
If so, then open the drivers door wide, then on the bottom of the "B" post ( where to door latches to the body shell ) look below the striker plate, you will see a silver coloured ID plate.
This contains the VIN number of the car and all of the important details appertaining to your car.
The paint code is shown on this plate.
RSJ - It is Dynamic Red ( see below ) and the MG part number of the paint is clearly shown.
The OEM MG touch up has two bottles, one containing the base coat and second containing the lacquer.
Here is list of the some of MG paint codes and there official titles.

MG Paint codes 2022-10-07 at 15.38.31.png

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom