• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

TPMS reset

I think you need a dealer or someone else with access to the software = £££
Or like @Jomarkh says remember which wheel is in which place after the switch

I'm sure on my previous car they just sorted themselves out after a few miles. Probably wrong though...

What do you do if you buy a second set of Alloys and Cold Weather Tyres to fit over the Winter months ? Do you need to buy the TPMS valves from MG ? or are they all the same generic TPMS valves ?

What do you do if you buy a second set of Alloys and Cold Weather Tyres to fit over the Winter months ? Do you need to buy the TPMS valves from MG ? or are they all the same generic TPMS valves ?
I’m buying a spare set as well, as winter tyres are obliged by law in Finland. TPMS sensors usually work on standard 433mhz frequency (except Ford & few other odd ones, who use separate 315mhz frequency).
but in addition to right frequency, you also need to have the sensors programmed correctly. Specific sensors have also their own type, or OE#. For MG (or SAIC more generally) this is 10718213 (Some others may also work).

Some sensors are pre-programmed, but programmable sensors are quite widely used: HUF, Autel, Hamaton, BH Sens, to name a few, trusted brands. Note, that programming these sensors usually require special equipment.

To ensure system works after swap, Best way is to copy the IDs from your current sensors and then program those to your 2nd set sensors.
Newer systems can reset & re-learn new sensor IDs ”automagically” after a tyre swap, but I’m not yet familiar if this is the case with MG, as I haven’t even received my own car yet 😅

There are also NFC programmable sensors, which can be programmed by mobile phone, that supports NFC.
In Finland, a set (4 pcs) of these costs around 100 euros ( Motorwerk rengaspaine TPMS-anturi NFC 4kpl )

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom