Tyre pressure measure units

Rex

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have wanted to change Tyre pressure readings from bar to psi, even though we have been metric in Australia for a very long time, Tyre pressure is usually measured in psi

I still find PSI more accurate than bar for tyre pressures.
By the same logic inches would be more accurate than mm!!! NASA must make their space craft to a greater accuracy than the ESA. Hope this is not being taught in schools.

By the same logic inches would be more accurate than mm!!! NASA must make their space craft to a greater accuracy than the ESA. Hope this is not being taught in schools.
Perhaps I should clarify. Most analgoue tyre gauges have bar and PSI on them (well, mine do anyway). Typically there are more gradients for PSI than there are for bar, which means it's easier to inflate to an accurate pressure using PSI than bar. Your repsonse makes no sense - we're talking measurements of pressure, not linear distance and I can't see how you concluded that inches would be more accurate than millimetres from my post. Each to their own I guess.

Don't know what gauge you are using but my digital gauge gives accurate readings in psi and bar. My response to your original post does make sense (it was actually making fun of your flawed premise, Rex who replied got the joke). I suggest in future you should be clear in what you post rather than have to re-post to clarify what you mean, and get a sense of humour.

Perhaps I should clarify. Most analgoue tyre gauges have bar and PSI on them (well, mine do anyway). Typically there are more gradients for PSI than there are for bar, which means it's easier to inflate to an accurate pressure using PSI than bar. Your repsonse makes no sense - we're talking measurements of pressure, not linear distance and I can't see how you concluded that inches would be more accurate than millimetres from my post. Each to their own I guess.
Your right, I like psi , for that reason too,
But it was a funny joke 😊

Screenshot_20221201-104218.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom