• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Updates

ray47

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, I have brought 3 weeks ago a MG5 EV long range, I downloaded the Naviextras toolbox to update the information/sat nav software, its asking me to insert the SD card from the car, where is it hidden I've looked everywhere, or is there another way,
thank you Ray

I did mine a long time ago so can't remember the details exactly but in general I think I took a usb stick out to the car , formatted in the car (car added some files to the stick), took it back to the pc to update with the software and then back to the car to update the car

I've only done it once - Google maps is far easier

Hi, I have brought 3 weeks ago a MG5 EV long range, I downloaded the Naviextras toolbox to update the information/sat nav software, its asking me to insert the SD card from the car, where is it hidden I've looked everywhere, or is there another way,
thank you Ray
TBH I always use Waze on Android Auto to navigate, much better and always up to date.

thank you Ray
Have a look here, or do a search on this forum.

I to brought my MG Trophy LR less than four weeks ago and return back to the car deal for up grade of the software system. Was that straight forward? It would appear the wi-fi in the UK is 10 years behind what China has and would of work perfect well if the car was in China. That to also has a effect on Android performance to. Then told there are license agreements that China will not release to the UK. Sounds like they may be to do military contracts that want to keep for them self. The sat nav had some upgrade but not too sure what improvement has been made yet.
It would appear technology is just moving too fast to keep up to date this days. On the plus side after 21/2 hours in the workshop with a washed and cleaned car there was no charge for the service.

Thank you, I've been asking the place I brought it from but getting an answer is taking ages,
Ray
thank you Ray
where is the update tab I've gone into nav settings and can't find it

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom