USB Dashcam on MG5 ev facelift

franoreilly

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey all, new member here, so hello! Will be picking up a new mg5 exclusive in July

I use two Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 - one front one rear - on my current ICE. They are nice small discreet units, plugged into usb sockets (ie. not hardwired in), which works quite well and the wires are tucked in behind panels etc.

I want to bring these across to the new MG5 if possible

Anyone fit these dashcams or anything related ie usb dashcams in mg5? Any gotchas e.g. battery drain leaving them plugged in? Would I have to go the hardwired route?

Thanks!

Hey all, new member here, so hello! Will be picking up a new mg5 exclusive in July

I use two Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 - one front one rear - on my current ICE. They are nice small discreet units, plugged into usb sockets (ie. not hardwired in), which works quite well and the wires are tucked in behind panels etc.

I want to bring these across to the new MG5 if possible

Anyone fit these dashcams or anything related ie usb dashcams in mg5? Any gotchas e.g. battery drain leaving them plugged in? Would I have to go the hardwired route?

Thanks!
There's lots of posts on this forum about fitting dashcams, just do a search.

I've not fitted the Garmin's but installed a Nextbase in my MG5 Trophy. Unfortunately there are no USB's at the interior mirror - unlike the ZS, so you will need to hardwire or run a cable to the front USB's if you don't want a semi-permanent installation.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom