USB stick

Jomarkh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
What is the largest capacity USB you have used and in what port?
I have tried a 2gb and 4gb in both left and right ports and both work well.
So what size can I go to?

I haven't seen the spec but it works with 64GB.

Last edited:
I have a 128gb but it's not working properly so was looking at 32gb but 64gb will be better, do you use in the right socket to leave the left for car play?

I use a 128gb one of these

Attachments

• IMG_20210708_112830.jpg
    IMG_20210708_112830.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 302
Same here, mines plugged in the right usb port.

Videos work great while stationary and charging.
I now have 2 with my fave playlists on. I use the USB on the left. The flap closes over it during use. I put a video on the MG5 forum but it's too big for this one!

Music but looking at other replies might try the video thing while charging.
What format do videos need to be in?
Mp4 i think. I'll double check later.

I might tell the wife I'm taking her to an open air cinema, pop into the local shopping centre and hook up to the charger🤣
Pop the film on and relax.

I tried an MP4 and it didn't work.
XVid is an ancient format.

What format do videos need to be in?

I'm assuming the MG5 infotainment system is the same or similar to the ZS. If it is, you can see the video formats in this thread with a link to audio formats too:

Hi all. Has anyone else experienced issues when using the USB for music? I have a USB stick that I have used in different cars with a selection of music on all from the same source and in MP3 format, but for some reason my MG5 seems to pick and choose which files it will play displaying an incompatible format message?

Is it worth looking at the types of mp3 files you have to see if any stand out that won't play? E.g. compression rates, CBR/VBR, any embedded data...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom