• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

"Used Tesla values slump"

smokie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5

Glad to see my MG5 isn't in the EV depreciation top 10, which looks like this.

1. Tesla Model 3 -23%
  2. Tesla Model S -22%
  3. Audi e-Tron -15%
  4. Jaguar I-Pace -14%
  5. Tesla Model X -13%
  6. Mercedes EQC -13%
  7. Smart ForFour Electric -10%
  8. Audi e-Tron Sportback -9%
  9. BMW i3 -8%
  10. Renault Zoe -8%
They say in general cars have depreciated 2.2% in the same period (based on a 1 year old car with 10k miles).

Of course, it was true a few months back that (at least some) EVs were selling at a premium - a few months back mine was supposedly worth more than I paid for it 10 months previously.

Glad to see my MG5 isn't in the EV depreciation top 10, which looks like this.

1. Tesla Model 3 -23%
  2. Tesla Model S -22%
  3. Audi e-Tron -15%
  4. Jaguar I-Pace -14%
  5. Tesla Model X -13%
  6. Mercedes EQC -13%
  7. Smart ForFour Electric -10%
  8. Audi e-Tron Sportback -9%
  9. BMW i3 -8%
  10. Renault Zoe -8%
They say in general cars have depreciated 2.2% in the same period (based on a 1 year old car with 10k miles).

Of course, it was true a few months back that (at least some) EVs were selling at a premium - a few months back mine was supposedly worth more than I paid for it 10 months previously.
The Tesla gets a bit of bad press in the WHICH? Report too - as an unreliable car.
Not the worst, by any means, but 38% of owners reported a fault in the first year of ownership.

I think it's partly because Tesla have dropped their prices by as much as 27% for a new car.

The used bubble has to burst sometime. Interesting that there’s no Tesla model Y on that list, even though it has been subject to a price cut. Too new I guess?

I got a work email new ones are very cheap on lease with insurance and maintenance including tyres
Screenshot_20230120-003410.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom