vibrations in the car / steering wheel

JABO

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
i feel some vibrations i my new HS around 100-120km/h , it's not only in the steering wheel. it's worse when ICE is running.
are your cars doing this or should i contact the dealer, or maybe wait and get some km's on the clock to see if it's a running in problem (it's only run 300 km's now)

nope me neither,... must be a wheel alignment issue,... i think im NOT a mechanic

maybe a stupid edit here,.. but,... u sure its not the lane assist thats warning u while u have the sound turned off ? or something like that ?

Thanks both, i think i better contact MG, it's definately not the lane assist, i had to turn it off, it's too annoying, i feel the car fights back no matter what 🤣

Vibration maybe caused by the wheels need balancing, but normally its felt as a wobble in the steering wheel, but might be worth getting them checked?

It's not unknown for wheel balance weights to get thrown off .. or not be fitted in the first place maybe. See if you can persuade the dealer to check.

i feel some vibrations i my new HS around 100-120km/h , it's not only in the steering wheel. it's worse when ICE is running.
are your cars doing this or should i contact the dealer, or maybe wait and get some km's on the clock to see if it's a running in problem (it's only run 300 km's now)
When the ICE is running you feel this, if you think you throw a balance weight take to a tyre place to check the wheel balance it will be quicker than the dealer and cost less as will not be covered by warranty.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom