Watch this video and then get INVOLVED Asap

I signed a petition the other week & contacted my MP in Bolton & got this reply.

Thank you for contacting me about FairCharge’s campaign to ease the transition to electric vehicle use.
The use of electric vehicle charging points is becoming more common in public places and I am aware that HMRC has received requests from businesses and business representatives to clarify the rules in specific cases, and in particular to confirm the VAT status of electric vehicle charging at charging points in public places.
There is a reduced rate of VAT for supplies of small quantities of electricity, known as ‘de minimis’. The de minimis provision does not apply to supplies of electric vehicle charging at charging points in public places. This is because these supplies are made at various places such as car parks, petrol stations and on-street parking, not to a person’s house or building.
Applying the reduced rate of VAT to electricity supplied at EV charging points in public places would come at a cost. VAT makes a significant contribution towards the public finances, raising around £130 billion in 2019/20, and helps fund the Government's priorities including the NHS, schools and defence. Any decision to modify our tax regime is a matter for the Treasury and careful consideration will be given to any proposed amendments to current VAT rates.
As for green levies, you may be aware that through the introduction of an Energy Price Guarantee, the Government will remove green levies from consumer electricity bills – worth around £150 per annum – as part of its package of support for household energy costs over the next two years.
Yours sincerely,
Chris Green

Chris Green MP
Member of Parliament for Bolton West

Well thank you chowbenter for sharing that MPs reply he doesn’t sound very optimistic I dot think about any reduction in anything but we will see,
See this video on YT today was the first I have heard of Faircharge and I’m sure that I’m not the only one on that score which is why I placed it on here and I hope in the right thread so all EV owners MG or otherwise might pick up on it.
Les

I got a different words but similar reply from my local Labour MP, to the effect, not interested in this matter.
Hopefully when all the details are known the cap on business electric rates will bring prices back down.

I signed a petition the other week & contacted my MP in Bolton & got this reply.

Thank you for contacting me about FairCharge’s campaign to ease the transition to electric vehicle use.
The use of electric vehicle charging points is becoming more common in public places and I am aware that HMRC has received requests from businesses and business representatives to clarify the rules in specific cases, and in particular to confirm the VAT status of electric vehicle charging at charging points in public places.
There is a reduced rate of VAT for supplies of small quantities of electricity, known as ‘de minimis’. The de minimis provision does not apply to supplies of electric vehicle charging at charging points in public places. This is because these supplies are made at various places such as car parks, petrol stations and on-street parking, not to a person’s house or building.
Applying the reduced rate of VAT to electricity supplied at EV charging points in public places would come at a cost. VAT makes a significant contribution towards the public finances, raising around £130 billion in 2019/20, and helps fund the Government's priorities including the NHS, schools and defence. Any decision to modify our tax regime is a matter for the Treasury and careful consideration will be given to any proposed amendments to current VAT rates.
As for green levies, you may be aware that through the introduction of an Energy Price Guarantee, the Government will remove green levies from consumer electricity bills – worth around £150 per annum – as part of its package of support for household energy costs over the next two years.
Yours sincerely,
Chris Green

Chris Green MP
Member of Parliament for Bolton West
I received the same reply from my Leicester MP.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom