Weird GOM/BMS behaviour

S17TTN

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We have a 2022 SR trophy ZS and it’s been brilliant, giving us nearly 160 motorway miles in the height of the summer (not so brilliant now but still suits us), and today something odd happened.

I drove back from work on Sunday (35 miles) starting with 100% and the journey left me with 50% which I thought was odd, usually I’d have 80-85% even in this weather.

I was getting some free electrons in sainsburys today and returned to what the car told me was 73% however when I drove off I had no regen at all (suggesting the battery was actually between 90-100%). I went back and stuck it on charge again and got the following, it suddenly then took 7 minutes to get to 100% at under 3kw.

FFA90A87-7086-4CCD-AE0E-9B536E1014B9.png

C04D5D18-2547-4757-B667-CE1CC56E3E12.png

It’s like the car had a brain fart and told me I’d used loads of battery when actually I hadn’t, and it couldn’t figure it out until the next time it got back to 100%. Any ideas?

We have a 2022 SR trophy ZS and it’s been brilliant, giving us nearly 160 motorway miles in the height of the summer (not so brilliant now but still suits us), and today something odd happened.

I drove back from work on Sunday (35 miles) starting with 100% and the journey left me with 50% which I thought was odd, usually I’d have 80-85% even in this weather.

I was getting some free electrons in sainsburys today and returned to what the car told me was 73% however when I drove off I had no regen at all (suggesting the battery was actually between 90-100%). I went back and stuck it on charge again and got the following, it suddenly then took 7 minutes to get to 100% at under 3kw.

View attachment 13209

View attachment 13210

It’s like the car had a brain fart and told me I’d used loads of battery when actually I hadn’t, and it couldn’t figure it out until the next time it got back to 100%. Any ideas?
Had the same question and has been explained here👇🏻

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom