• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Wiki - useful Information

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hello and welcome to the enthusiast's Wiki for the MG ZS EV.
battersea-blue.png

This post can be edited by any forum member with Wiki editing permission.
If you wish to volunteer to be a Wiki editor so that you can edit this post to update it with the latest information, please contact Stuart Wright requesting permission. Many thanks.

Official MG resources:

Member contributed resources:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi quite new to the MG forum, I’ve just ordered an MG ZS EV, and having to wait till Xmas, new year for it.
what I would like to know is,do you have to get any special insurance, MG touting MG electric insurance, also who did people use for home charge points, and last anything I should look out for before driving off the forecour?
cheers in advance.
ady.

Insurance is the same as any other vehicle - just make sure you specify the electric model when on comparison websites for example. Some insurers tempt you with cover in case you run out of charge, but MG Assistance which comes with all new ZS EVs covers you for this. Home charge point will depend on your usage I guess - we managed to get a free charger when we bought our car. The granny charger, which plugs into a domestic wall point, has been shown to be suitable for a lot of people on here, so that may be enough. Just makes sure nothing gets too hot when charging (e.g. the wall socket).

Others things to check - same as any car, someone in the MG5 area of the forum (I think) put a checklist together, but it's mostly common sense stuff - both sets of keys, any extras (e.g. charging cable), ALL software updates have been done to the car/infotainment system. I'm sure others will be along to pad this list out in a bit...

Enjoy your new car! :)

Insurance is the same as any other vehicle - just make sure you specify the electric model when on comparison websites for example. Some insurers tempt you with cover in case you run out of charge, but MG Assistance which comes with all new ZS EVs covers you for this. Home charge point will depend on your usage I guess - we managed to get a free charger when we bought our car. The granny charger, which plugs into a domestic wall point, has been shown to be suitable for a lot of people on here, so that may be enough. Just makes sure nothing gets too hot when charging (e.g. the wall socket).

Others things to check - same as any car, someone in the MG5 area of the forum (I think) put a checklist together, but it's mostly common sense stuff - both sets of keys, any extras (e.g. charging cable), ALL software updates have been done to the car/infotainment system. I'm sure others will be along to pad this list out in a bit...

Thank you.

Manuals now found at My MG | MG Motor UK
Watch for the latest manual use the left arrow to move along the options and download the "New MG ZSEV manual" ( not the MG ZSEV one!)

Last edited:
I wonder if this forum is mostly UK's or is it worldwide.
I'm very close to go for new "facelift" MG ZS EV and would like to get as much as possible relevant info.
And there are some differences between "island" and "land" cars. Here in Slovenia we only could get comfort or luxury equipped car (for both, standard and long range). As I did see in UK you have several equipment options to choose.
Anyway, it looks good car to me for the price.

New here, but I've seen a few of the MG community YouTube casts - very informative content. MG ZS ev LR Trophy on order. Promise of a March delivery looking a little over-optimistic now.

Hi there, waiting to get my first ZS EX ( 2020 plates), I was told a software is being upgraded. Didn’t know what they’re talking about but after reading the comments here, I have some idea. Thank you.
Mahmoud, Solihull

New too just had MG5 found dealer network poor but happy with MG5 i got wallbox from Amazon and got electrician to fit it works well elec grid company came out for free and upgraded house main fuse What's battery equalisation please ? Ps love the forum thank you

Hi, if you use a lot of rapid chargers then it can put the battery cell voltages at slightly different levels so by doing a balance once a month it levels all the battery cells the same voltage.
You can do it on a 7kwh EVSE or the 'granny' as it takes the same times as it only draws 300-500w.

Hi
Just ordered a long range ZS yesterday, as our Nissan Leaf has been such a success that we're going fully electric, and needed one that can carry a canoe.
Good experience at the dealer and test drive, with the one grumble about why most cars make such a meal of speed limiters; they're such a precious and simple thing. Oh well.
Your forum has been helpful so far and am sure we will have plenty more questions.
Cheers

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom