• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

what to add on to a new car (cosmetic or practical)

vini

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
ok, firstly apologies if this subject appears elsewhere already, especially if it was me who raised it :)

I'm thinking of what things I could perhaps add on to the car whenever I get it, and wondered if anyone could suggest anything I may have missed

mud flaps (its a thing with me, I need them)
dashcam (never had one yet but considering)
sill protection
puddle lights (my Old Ford puma had a gorgeous puma shaped puddle light)
Service plan
GAP insurance
boot mat
Reversing camera (could be integrated with the dashcam), unless you're going for a Trophy
Interior car mats
Some form of paint and interior protection by your local detailer.
Either a type 2 or granny charger depending what comes with the car
Screen protector for the infotainment screen
V2L cable or adapter
30cm USB cables

ii thought my list might be longer but I seem to have dried up - any others?

Last edited:
Reversing camera (could be integrated with the dashcam), unless you're going for a Trophy
Interior car mats

Some form of paint and interior protection by your local detailer.
Either a type 2 or granny charger depending what comes with the car
Screen protector for the infotainment screen

The SE doesn’t have pockets on the back of the front seats, so I’m getting some covers from Amazon with them in to attach (will also protect the seats from my kids grimy feet)

The mudflaps I ordered from Aliexpress also came with a coat hook that fixes round a headrest spindle. (Handy for hanging stuff in the back since there are no grab handles).

Has anyone used an add-on rear armrest? My kids will be annoyed at the loss of the cupholders in the armrest I have in my current car :D Wondering about something like this?

AliExpress armrest
I never knew anything like that existed, which is partly why I started the post.

I'm interested by it and may get one

Just ordered a Type 2 to Type 2 EV Charging Cable 5m / 32A / 7.4kW / Blue for £132 from EV Cables. They have a sale on at the moment.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 425 79.9%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back