• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Wheel Specification

Paulie68

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all,

Can someone point me in the right direction of the full wheel Spec. for the ZS EV please. I know the PCD is 112, but I need the Centre Bore & Offset please.

Many thanks.

On my last car, a BMW X1,When I bought it I made a point of changing the original 19" wheels, for 17" ones, with taller tyres, which gave a softer ride. (the diameter was identical). Just my option of course.

I must admit that the wheel-archers do look a bit "empty", but I can live with that and I do like the original Michelin tyres. Again just my opinion.
BMW and MG.jpg

I'm thinking of increasing the wheel size to 19" whilst maintaining a tyre profile close to that on the car now. This will maintain a good ride quality and look far better in the arches. I've yet to do more measurements, but there will almost certainly not be any clearance issues doing this, there's bags of room all round in the arch areas.

This will result in the speedo and other car systems working on the wrong info, the speed signal being out of kilter by about 6% to 7%. This can be relatively easily remedied though by intercepting the signal from the speed sensor and adding a calibration module, tuned to correct the error :)

Sounds very complicated...

It's not really, if you're that way inclined lol! At least not on cars with multi gear transmissions using a sensor taking a reading from somewhere on the output of the transmission.

It might actually not be an option on the ZS EV having thought about it. As it's running a fixed gear ratio, the speed signal may well be calculated along with the motor RPM, so it may well not have a conventional speed sensor to tap into further along the drive train as the Petrol version has... Hmm... More research required.

Last edited:
To update us all, I've found the following info on the wheels:

EV is at the bottom.

Yes, as I thought, when I was looking for a new spare wheel....it said in the advert that the one for the EV was different to the ICE version...different PCD I see.

Chrispydoc, was the spare wheel that you bought a 'skinny' or a full size spare wheel? And did it have an omni directional tyre fitted?
Although I have'nt had a puncture for years (tempting fate!) I hate being without a spare wheel.

It was the skinny type, I'll take a photo of it tomorrow.

As a matter of interest in 50 years of driving i've only had 2 or 3 flat tyres. One was in a supercharged Jaguar XJR with HUGE tyres. I remember fitting this very skinny space saver, in a cinema car park late at night...but it got me home!:)

Taken a few snaps...as you can see this one off eBay has all the stuff you need

MG ZS EV Spare wheel kit brand new Genuine with tools | eBay

It fits neatly where the other kit was, so you can still use the lower boot floor if you want.

Yes its much thinner and lighter, but perfectly adequate.

A reminder....the ICE wheel has different hole positions.....you need the proper one.

thumbnail_IMG_8246.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8247.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8250.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Chrispydoc Thanks for this information. I see that the recommended pressure is 60psi........I'll have to check to see if my inflator could reach that high!
Is there enough room in the boot well for a full size wheel (after changing wheel!)
And another query, can this skinny fit front and rear positions or does it involve moving wheels around to suit?

All of these space savers operate at high pressures, and are pumped up when you get them. They can fit on any corner of the car. There's bags of room in the boot ...I bet you could get all 4 wheels in there!

Interestingly, in a DeLorean, which has a very skinny space saver wheel, there is no room for a removed rear wheel.....apart from on the passengers seat! Black plastic bags are carried to avid dirtying the seat or the passengers cloths! :mad:
thumbnail_IMG_8251.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,
I bought the space saver offered by MG when I ordered the car. It was more expensive than the EBay offerings but looks similar. It’s worth practicing a wheel change as I discovered that the jack is a bit iffy to use so I bought a second jack as a back up. Also the so called “triangle” indicators on the seal jacking points as illustrated in the owner’s manual are not present on my car but the positions are obvious.

Good point...I'll give it a go.
Some years I had a Jeep Cherokee and when I tried to remove the wheel ....it had corroded on to the brake drum.....and after defying a big hammer, I put the nuts loosely back on and drove it up and down a bumpy road until it freed off. Needles to say, since then I've always smeared a slight film of copper grease on the back of the wheel.

That’s exactly what happened to my Cherokee fortunately it was the tyre fitters that had to deal with it Since then I too have always coppergreased my alloy and my wheel bolts (shsss).

I'm in Australia and having trouble sourcing a spare wheel for my car. After searching various links including
they all seem to show no difference between the ZS ICE models and the EV. All seem to be 17x7 ET41 5x112
Can anyone enlighten me please?

I have definitely read that the wheels from an ICE MG Zs and the EV are different....but I have not actually tried them.

This is what I bought:-

Its sits in the back of my car and looks the part....but I have not actually tried if it does ft.:oops:MG Sparewheel.jpgthumbnail_IMG_8247.jpg

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom