• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Where to store the charging cable

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So in my MG5 there was space on the side to store my charging cable or under the floor in the boot. On the MG4 there isn't unless you put the boot in the trophy to the highest position which I don't want to do as you loose that extra space.

So where do you store the cable? Please don't say just put it in the boot 😞

I don't have my car yet, but I'm intending to either strap or velcro it to the side, if feasible. I don't really want to put it under the raised floor because it's a pain if you've other stuff in the boot.

I don't have my car yet, but I'm intending to either strap or velcro it to the side, if feasible. I don't really want to put it under the raised floor because it's a pain if you've other stuff in the boot.
I'm in the same position, not having the car yet, and like you I want easy access as most of the time the back seats will be folded down and covered with foam mats and old blankets for the dogs.
There seems to be a space above the right wheel arch that something could be attached using velcro.

Hi when I had my test drive last week I had a look under the front bonnet and I’m sure there’s room in there for a t2-t2 cable it’s not a Frunt but I think there room in there
Les
I thought that but was concerned that its not designed to hold a cable bag and will it get hot under there? Or damp... I have no idea

I thought that but was concerned that its not designed to hold a cable bag and will it get hot under there? Or damp... I have no idea
I should point at Cleevely EV mechanic & Youtuber "James & Kate", who keeps his cables in a plastic crate, wedged under the bonnet of his work MG5 (Timestamp = 2m20s)

Will the largest size of 37cm be sufficient?
No idea to be honest, but it looks stretchy and as an example a cable case like this is 38cm diameter. Depends on whether it'll take the depth of the case as well. It might be sufficient to stop it rolling around if you can get it in to just below halfway?

There's a section under the boot that holds the air pump and a couple of tools. You can remove it as most is just the plastic holding stuff and I guess it would give you a space to store things in.

I'll take it out and take a picture later. Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable storing it in the bonnet so for me this place under the boot floor would be ideal. Obviously on a log journey with the boot full of stuff I'd have to remove it for ease of access.

Up-thread a "curry hook" is mentioned. Where is this in the boot? And do all MG4 models have it?

(A curry hook combined with a cable bag seems like a logical solution).

Is there room under the drivers seat?
In my Focus I keep a spare pair of shoes under the drivers seat slid in from the front.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 425 79.9%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back