Why don't we see MG hub caps on the side of the road

Malcolm at Gold Coast

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I suspect that the hub caps on the ZS EV are tamper proof because I could not get mine off easily.

The car had warned me that my tyre pressure was low, 2.4 bah , so I had dropped into the servo and approached my hub cap and found that I couldn't get the tyre inflator end onto my nozzles, so attempted to take off the hub cap and found that one big man with bare hands was no match to some plastic clips. Went home and a pair of gardening gloves a screwdriver and much cursing and swearing finally achieved what should be a relatively simple operation.

Back to the servo and fill up the tyre, now the car says the tyre is at 2.4 bah and the servo gadge reads pressure in psi and kpa, luckily high school science from 55 years ago gave me the answer pressure at sea level 14 psi argh thinks I, 2.4 bah is not a measure of sheep its 2.4 barometric thingies, a quick calculation on the back of a napkin with a burnt stick gave me roughly 35 pounds, in business, tyre pumped up to 2.5 bah and off I go.

Car now says that both back tyres are at 2.5 bah but I still have the message that the tyre is low, I guess I will have to go back and get some more bah.

In the mean time, the hub cap sits in the garage, because it is too damn hard to take off easily.

And! One of the clips went CRACK as I levered it off, not happy.

And, and, I have seen that there are extension thingies! I will get one/some, but I needed to vent.

I suspect that the hub caps on the ZS EV are tamper proof because I could not get mine off easily.

The car had warned me that my tyre pressure was low, 2.4 bah , so I had dropped into the servo and approached my hub cap and found that I couldn't get the tyre inflator end onto my nozzles, so attempted to take off the hub cap and found that one big man with bare hands was no match to some plastic clips. Went home and a pair of gardening gloves a screwdriver and much cursing and swearing finally achieved what should be a relatively simple operation.

Back to the servo and fill up the tyre, now the car says the tyre is at 2.4 bah and the servo gadge reads pressure in psi and kpa, luckily high school science from 55 years ago gave me the answer pressure at sea level 14 psi argh thinks I, 2.4 bah is not a measure of sheep its 2.4 barometric thingies, a quick calculation on the back of a napkin with a burnt stick gave me roughly 35 pounds, in business, tyre pumped up to 2.5 bah and off I go.

Car now says that both back tyres are at 2.5 bah but I still have the message that the tyre is low, I guess I will have to go back and get some more bah.

In the mean time, the hub cap sits in the garage, because it is too damn hard to take off easily.

And, and, I have seen that there are extension thingies! I will get one/some, but I needed to vent.
I had a Hyundai Kona with tire pressure monitoring ( TPMS)
I had 3 low pressure warnings
I pumped the tyres up,, it still gave me warnings
To fix it, I had to overinflate the tyres to approx 50 psi, then let air out.. then pump to the correct inflation. Problem solved

I got these off Amazon just in case I need to inflate tyres
Screenshot_20230508-132549_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I had the same m issue and ended up getting one of these it works a treat and is now permanently connected to air pump.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Only get good extenders as cheap ones leak.

Off the top of my head, I thought the Mk1 tyre pressure was 2.3 Bar or 33 PSI
it’s what mine are reading on the display. When the weather got very cold this went down to 2.0 Bar but I thought I’d leave it until the ambient temperature came up a bit.
all related to Boyles law, which I know is related to an ideal gas but is PV=nRt which basically shows the relationship between pressure and temperature for a given gas volume.
Please remember, I did my ‘A’ levels more than 40 years ago… :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom