• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Why is there no App for the MG ZS EV in the UK?

Ambush

Novice Member
Reaction score
Why is there no app and India has it so has Thailand . Someone suggested because of eu data law . Which may or may not be the case. However why on earth did they not have a Timer in the car from the start. Personally I believe they brought the car out too soon. Too try and get ahead of sales When the new Zoe 50 kwh due February and Peugeot e 208 and e2008 due January and February

Let me know if it works. At moment it's hit or miss and it looks as though there won't be an app Thinking of cancelling the the car the most annoying thing is I actually like the car.
For me once the poison sets in its niggling me

Browing the internet today I found that there also is an app available for MGs in the Middle East.
I have dropped an e-mail into one of the distributors over there asking if their app (shows English tekst) could work on MGs in the EU region.
Once I got an answer I'll inform here.

A word to the wise... If any of you do get access to hardware/software from none EU cars and get it installed and working on your car, in the event of any future failure of the drive system, it's highly likely MG won't provide you with warranty support, and as most technicians will only have a passing knowledge of how to fix anything EV related anyway, it could get very expensive, very fast, whilst they practice fixing things on your money!

Browing the internet today I found that there also is an app available for MGs in the Middle East.
I have dropped an e-mail into one of the distributors over there asking if their app (shows English tekst) could work on MGs in the EU region.
There is no app for the European area .There is an app for Thailand. Go on YouTube and watch Bjorn Nyland. He bought an MG in Thailand and did a few tests over there he also tested the MG in Norway where he lives.

The app is not the problem. The EU cars don't have a 4G modem module installed, and there's a good chance the due to GDPR they would have to put servers up in Europe to host the needed infrastructure. I don't think SAIC/MG is going to set that up soon.

Browsing the internet today I found that there also is an app available for MGs in the Middle East.
I have dropped an e-mail into one of the distributors over there asking if their app (shows English text) could work on MGs in the EU region.

I've been waiting for the Saudi answer, but no answer after the reply that "an employee will contact you".
Don't expect to get an answer since we're in another region.

If there was an APP in the UK.......I wouldn't be able to work it anyway....so I'm not worried.

I've played with cars for over 50 years...but my rule of thumb is "when I'm down to about a 5 mm spanner," I'm out of my comfort zone! ?.....I struggle with electrics..never mind electronics!

thumbnail_IMG_4914-2.jpg

@Chrispydoc,
You do far better than I do. Your experience and broad scope of knowledge has been very beneficial to us on the forum. ICE or EV the days when I could sort out a cabriator or alternator are long past. I depend on being educated by my boffins in all matters technical these days.

Thanks for the complement........i've owned over a 120 cars in the last 55 years, ranging from a Bond Mini-car to V12 Daimlers and Jags...and just about everything in between.

As a teenager, when working on Morris 1000's, Austin A30's etc I was obliged to lay on my back, on a gravelled drive. And I only had that, after I had punched a hole in the hedge, in front of my parents council pre-fab.
I promised myself that when I left home, my first priority would be a decent garage. Which I achieved when I was married at the age of 22.......and still am!

Funily enough, I revisited the pre-fab for the first time in 50 years, just before lockdown, whilst killing time, as my MG dealer did some recall work.
My first vehicle aged 16.jpg

Above is my first petrol powered vehicle, that I built out of bits as teenager...at the pre-fab.

Milldale Road 2.jpg

The pre-fab in February this year.....the only one in the road not yet "bricked up" on the outside and the driveway is much improved from my early efforts!

@Chrispydoc,
Excellent memories. Really no matter how humble our situations then, those were truly 'the good old days'.
Lovely power cycle that you built. I love the horn.
For us it was a mini-minor for several years. It really taught us humility and simplicity. For decades everything we owned could fit in that small car.
It is insane to compare to today. No body had thought of mobile phones let alone apps on mobiles to control cars. Please bring back those good old days.
I keep asking myself do I really need an app for the car and answer is no but my boffins keep telling me we're are in 21st century now and the answer to that question is yes.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom