Will big Chinese EV brands arrive in UK?

LeoRBK

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Guardian reports the disruption in automobile market caused by Chinese startups who have fantastic cars in their range. Some of them already have plans to export to Europe. A few will also consider manufacturing in Europe.

Is UK missing out on new technology/or new opportunity arriving to its shores at the same time as rest of the world?

I think if they price it right, like MG did when I bought mine, people will have difficulty in saying no to EVs like these. Tesla has certainly positioned itself as a luxury brand at this point in time with prices to suit (I know that's due to change).

Guardian reports the disruption in automobile market caused by Chinese startups who have fantastic cars in their range. Some of them already have plans to export to Europe. A few will also consider manufacturing in Europe.

Is UK missing out on new technology/or new opportunity arriving to its shores at the same time as rest of the world?

I think this is highly likely - were are seeing this with Xpeng and Polestar and hopefully continued new models from MG/SAIC (it’s a pity the Marvel R is not coming to the UK). Supply chain is global so it will make sense for assembly in region and as Tesla are doing in China it is just time for a Chinese Automaker to set up shop in Europe.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom