• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Window tinting

Yu1234

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Can anyone recommend a good, and reasonably priced window tinting company in the Birmingham area? Also, are the self tinting kits any good? And are they 'easy' to install?
Thanks

I live in Codsall (South Staffordshire) near Wolverhampton. I got quite a few quotes and this company was the best, taking into consideration price and quality.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305-223557.png
    Screenshot_20210305-223557.png
    726.7 KB · Views: 254
I'd second Global Tints, cost me £220 for the 5 rears plus the 2 front side windows. Lifetime warranty.

I would get in done professional.
A poor tint job ( bubbles etc ) looks terrible 😞.
Global tints ( if in your area ) are very popular.
They will advise on recommend tint strengths between front and rear side windows.
I have mine tinted from the “B” pillar back only.
Check with your insurance before preceding would be my advice.
I have mine itemised on my policy.

Global tints job. Rears ONYX ( darkest ), fronts TWILIGHT ( legal ) and sun strip - cost £235

Attachments

• IMG_20210313_164907.jpg
    IMG_20210313_164907.jpg
    611.2 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
I investigated a number of companies but decided that the cost was a little high for me. A month ago I received a phone call from Global Tints offering to do the 5 windows for £150. during the call I shouted to my wife about the offer, she said too expensive, Global responded with an offer of £120 which I accepted. Excellent quality.

Photoshop and can't see it anymore ,,,,😁
Looks great.
Did they tell you NOT to open the side windows for about 3 - 5 days ?.
Turn your rear windows OFF from the switch in the drivers door.
The guy who did mine, had warning stickers made to cover the window switches.

Attachments

• Window Tints  2021-03-13 at 18.07.59.png
    Window Tints 2021-03-13 at 18.07.59.png
    486.2 KB · Views: 243
Looks great.
Did they tell you NOT to open the side windows for about 3 - 5 days ?.
Turn your rear windows OFF from the switch in the drivers door.
The guy who did mine, had warning stickers made to cover the window switches.
Yep, he told me about it. Happy with service in general.

I investigated a number of companies but decided that the cost was a little high for me. A month ago I received a phone call from Global Tints offering to do the 5 windows for £150. during the call I shouted to my wife about the offer, she said too expensive, Global responded with an offer of £120 which I accepted. Excellent quality.
Pete did they give you a referral code? For £120 I’d get mine done (which if I if I said you’d referred me I might get it at that price)

No, an appointment was arranged the appointment during the phone call. When the operator arrived he had the details of the cost and I paid him.

I live in Codsall (South Staffordshire) near Wolverhampton. I got quite a few quotes and this company was the best, taking into consideration price and quality.
Hi I live in Coven.... not a million miles away and also #teamblue... did you get the front windows done at all?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom