Wireless CarPlay Adapter/Dongle

Thank you. Is yours a 22 model or earlier? Do you think it’ll still work?
It is the ZS Trophy Connect Long range model so I think it’s late 2021/2022.It was an unregistered showroom model they took delivery of in Nov.

Since I am buying from Amazon, if it does not work well it goes back for a full refund.

Will update this thread when it arrives tomorrow and I try installing it.

Will update this thread when it arrives tomorrow and I try installing it.
So… the dongle was not as straight forward as I expected. After arriving I plugged it to the car, but it was not recognised. No light coming on. I took it back home and plugged it to a battery pack. Red light came on. Took it back to the car this morning and after plugging it in I got the connecting screen on the infotainment system.
after pairing it was working well for 5 mins but then the screen kept going black and the music speed playing. I unplugged and connected the phone with the lightning cable, and CarPlay started working fine.
it seems a bit flakey so will probably return for a refund. I do not see the value of wireless connection when not flawless.

A lot of these wireless dongles are for iphone users and apple carplay giving wireless features. But its a bit of a struggle for Android Auto to go wireless. The same dongles only support wired Android Auto which MG cars already support. Essentially the same thing. Plug the dongle in the USB slot and plug the phone using another USB into the dongle. Did a lot of searching and so far I found only 2 Android Auto wireless ones and those are AAwireless at £72 including delivery and Carsifi at £68+shipping costs. Both are crowdfunded projects which have started shipping out these to customers in batches. Personally, I've ordered AAWireless one based on the recommendation by @premierscfc

A lot of these wireless dongles are for iphone users and apple carplay giving wireless features. But its a bit of a struggle for Android Auto to go wireless. The same dongles only support wired Android Auto which MG cars already support. Essentially the same thing. Plug the dongle in the USB slot and plug the phone using another USB into the dongle. Did a lot of searching and so far I found only 2 Android Auto wireless ones and those are AAwireless at £72 including delivery and Carsifi at £68+shipping costs. Both are crowdfunded projects which have started shipping out these to customers in batches. Personally, I've ordered AAWireless one based on the recommendation by @premierscfc
I'm on android I use the AAWireless and it was up and running withing 1 minute and it has been flawless since.
So… the dongle was not as straight forward as I expected. After arriving I plugged it to the car, but it was not recognised. No light coming on. I took it back home and plugged it to a battery pack. Red light came on. Took it back to the car this morning and after plugging it in I got the connecting screen on the infotainment system.
after pairing it was working well for 5 mins but then the screen kept going black and the music speed playing. I unplugged and connected the phone with the lightning cable, and CarPlay started working fine.
it seems a bit flakey so will probably return for a refund. I do not see the value of wireless connection when not flawless.
I'm on android I use the AAWireless and it was up and running withing 1 minute and it has been flawless since, so I can highly recommend it.

I'm on Android 12 if that makes any difference to its connection.

I'm on android I use the AAWireless and it was up and running withing 1 minute and it has been flawless since.

I'm on android I use the AAWireless and it was up and running withing 1 minute and it has been flawless since, so I can highly recommend it.

I'm on Android 12 if that makes any difference to its connection.
How long did it take for you to get your device? I placed an order based on your recommendation.

I ordered end of November and was told it would be late January and it arrived at the 2nd week of February.
What we're you quoted?
I ordered yesterday and they've said March 2022 delivery. So I am hoping for it to be sometime this month. Paid £72 including shipping($95)

I placed an order on carlinkitcarplay on 2022-03-10 and I got it on 2022-03-21, it is very easy to install. The connection of the wireless carplay is smooth.

Paid less than £60 on AliExpress for my Apple kit, works like a dream, connects every time without fail and no more wires all over the place!! Recommended for sure.

Received my AA Wireless device this morning. I ordered it on inde
It's quite a new device so I ordered on this page It arrived when it said and was working withing 1 minute of plugging it in.
Received my AA wireless device this morning, I had placed my order 15th Feb.

Another satisfied customer, setup took a couple of mins and it connected flawlessly within 15-20 seconds. Takes this long for the system to boot up in my 2020 Peugeot 3008, now all I need is my ZS!

On a side note, I did take a look at the device @Mihir was recommending. I see the merits of running an Android system and having multiple apps, inc possibly movies, games etc but I can only see it as a distraction. The only positive for me would be the ability to connect an Android or iOS mobile wirelessly, using one unit rather than unplugging to switch between mobile devices.

On a side note, I did take a look at the device @Mihir was recommending. I see the merits of running an Android system and having multiple apps, inc possibly movies, games etc but I can only see it as a distraction. The only positive for me would be the ability to connect an Android or iOS mobile wirelessly, using one unit rather than unplugging to switch between mobile devices.

Agreed that the android box can be a distraction if it is being used on the move to watch movies which is surely not recommended. But the box has its own advantages too. I use tethered mobile data to connect to the box(automatically connects after first time setup) and use google maps app on the box. So it does not even need Android Auto/Carplay. Also if we insert a 4G sim for data, one wouldn't even need a phone to connect to. It does come down to how one wants to use the box. It really helps us whenever we have waiting times either at a chargepoint or waiting at my son's classes to finish etc. But surely it is not recommended to view movies etc on the move!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom