WLMG Eastcote - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Just picked up my MG5 from WLMG. Good click and collect process. Car well-prepared. So far so good.

Picked up my MG ZS the other day from them. Did it all over the phone and kept in touch with them during the buying process.
Drove 4 hours to pick up the car at 9.30am. it was being cleaned and hoovered then - i would've preferred it to be ready - as it was an ex demo car that could've been done before hand.
the only thing that i' feel disappointed with that there was no charger included in the sale of the vehicle. no granny lead no type 2 lead. i'd been driving since 3am so yeah i should've checked but being my first electric it didnt occur to me. it was only when i got to stafford services near stoke that i realised this.
I understand this is a used car but coming from a dealership i was expecting at least a granny lead rather than having to fork out one myself.
and i would've thought the dealership would make buyers aware of this before leaving the forecourt.

Picked up my MG ZS the other day from them. Did it all over the phone and kept in touch with them during the buying process.
Drove 4 hours to pick up the car at 9.30am. it was being cleaned and hoovered then - i would've preferred it to be ready - as it was an ex demo car that could've been done before hand.
the only thing that i' feel disappointed with that there was no charger included in the sale of the vehicle. no granny lead no type 2 lead. i'd been driving since 3am so yeah i should've checked but being my first electric it didnt occur to me. it was only when i got to stafford services near stoke that i realised this.
I understand this is a used car but coming from a dealership i was expecting at least a granny lead rather than having to fork out one myself.
and i would've thought the dealership would make buyers aware of this before leaving the forecourt.
I would have expected that as well.

I would have expected that as well.
yeah especially as there would be plenty of first time buyers who have no idea what they're doing. Not everyone comes on forums like this and speakev gets advice and watches youtube video's. some people would sorta expect the dealership to walk through the car with them

You really should have had a better service than that, as all Ev’s do come with the granny lead, someone has obviously kept it but that is not good for you and the garage should have checked as without that you cannot charge your car at home if you don’t already have a fitted charger. I would have a moan at the garage.
a query l have does anyone know where the unbinding option in the Mg iSMART is, mg don’t seem to know , but my car is bound , don’t know how and l need to unbind it but after looking for ages and getting an MGengineer to help as well we cannot find the unbinding option As l am now losing the will to live .Can anyone help. Many thanks in advance

You really should have had a better service than that, as all Ev’s do come with the granny lead, someone has obviously kept it but that is not good for you and the garage should have checked as without that you cannot charge your car at home if you don’t already have a fitted charger. I would have a moan at the garage.
a query l have does anyone know where the unbinding option in the Mg iSMART is, mg don’t seem to know , but my car is bound , don’t know how and l need to unbind it but after looking for ages and getting an MGengineer to help as well we cannot find the unbinding option As l am now losing the will to live .Can anyone help. Many thanks in advance
I was told by someone on pistonheads (i think) that only MG can do an unbinding. it was one of the things they told me to make sure the dealership did as well as the updates. I'm not sure if it needs you to take the car into MG or give them a call and they can do it remotely.

Yeah it is a shame. most likely the staff member who was using it has left it at home, they'd been using the car right upto the date of the handover. they left loads of work ties in the glove compartment

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom