Won't charge!

Buster

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi,
I don't know if this has come up before, I had a look back but couldn't find anything obvious.
I have the new MG5 standard 50kW. Only driven 1600kms from new. Mid Feb.
Arrived back from Bordeaux (101km) with 21% battery remaining yesterday evening.
I plugged in to my home charger (11kW) last night and set the scheduled charge for 5am to 7.45am, ready for another 202km journey to Bordeaux and back.
Have done this the last 3 nights with no problem.
This morning found that it hadn't charged as scheduled. Tried charging normally both from the car and the app but it stopped after about 15 seconds. Tried the same thing at a charging station in the village (we have 4) with the same result. So its not my charger.
It will charge on the slow home 3 pin plug charger. But that wont get me to Bordeaux and back til late this afternoon.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Am I overlooking something?

Hi,
I don't know if this has come up before, I had a look back but couldn't find anything obvious.
I have the new MG5 standard 50kW. Only driven 1600kms from new. Mid Feb.
Arrived back from Bordeaux (101km) with 21% battery remaining yesterday evening.
I plugged in to my home charger (11kW) last night and set the scheduled charge for 5am to 7.45am, ready for another 202km journey to Bordeaux and back.
Have done this the last 3 nights with no problem.
This morning found that it hadn't charged as scheduled. Tried charging normally both from the car and the app but it stopped after about 15 seconds. Tried the same thing at a charging station in the village (we have 4) with the same result. So its not my charger.
It will charge on the slow home 3 pin plug charger. But that wont get me to Bordeaux and back til late this afternoon.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Am I overlooking something?
Bit late for yesterday but it sounds like it could be an issue with 3 phase charging since the 3 pin one is one phase (but I'm not an expert). Prior to taking it to a garagw its woth trying a 7kw charger if there is one as that's also single phase (or if you can borrow a single phase 32amp type 2 cable, a 22kw ac charger if will then supply 7kw single phase ).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom