• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Worth ordering ZS Trophy LR

Gavla

Standard Member
Reaction score
I currently own a 2019 ZR EV, due to the crazy prices of used cars I have enough equity to cover the PCP deposit of a new ZR Trophy LR paying the same per month as I do now.
Is the new ZR worth the wait or shall i stay put?

I didn't own the original, so hopefully others who have can comment on why they opted to upgrade to the current version.

All I can say is that whilst the mk1 was nice, the newer one feels like a step up - have you test driven the LR ZS?. Maybe things like being able to use an app (albeit glitchy) may be useful to you, not to mention the additional range.

Edit: Maybe worth it to also check what version they're offering you. 1st July onwards, Trophy models do not have the pan roof but instead have rear tints.

Last edited:
Wasn't aware of the no pan roof so thanks for that, I often use mine so need to consider that. I havent been for test drive as yet prob next week. My Mk1 has been great no issues at all, only thinking of changing due to the part ex value currently. Haven't been on here in a while is Chorley still the go to or has someone else step up?

In terms of dealers, I've seen compliments of Chorley - I didn't order there myself (had to follow the best price) but certainly when it comes to a dealer having a clue as to what's going on/updates ect, Miles is still unbeaten IMO. I've seen compliments for JCT600 Bradford and some for Nathaniel's Bridgend also, but again I've not purchased at these either and could've missed the negatives, so well worth digging around the forum for reviews of others.

Yep, they just changed the specs and increased the price on the ZS, so on their site you'll see they just have SE & Trophy trims now.

What they've done is take the Trophy Connect (that's the trim that included live services/Amazon Music for an extra £500) remove the pan roof and add tints, then rename it Trophy.

Your dealer would know whether the Trophy car they're offering you would be from a stock order they already had on the books, and in that case they should be able to confirm it'll have the pan roof but not the live services. If not and it's a new factory order than it should be as described above.

Hope that makes sense! If not, perhaps this thread may help:
An update to the above pricing as well as spec changes, from today's podcast.

From the 1st July, pricing & model line-up for the ZS EV will be as follows:

SE SR: £250 increase to £29,495
Trophy SR: £500 increase to £31,995
Trophy Connect SR: Model deleted

SE LR: £500 increase to £31,995
Trophy LR: £500 increase to £34,495
Trophy Connect LR: Model deleted

Live services such as weather, traffic updates & Amazon Music will be included in the Trophy trim.

Trophy models will no longer come with the panoramic sky roof, and will this will also not be available as an option. This will also affect HS petrol & HS Phev.

I currently own a 2019 ZR EV, due to the crazy prices of used cars I have enough equity to cover the PCP deposit of a new ZR Trophy LR paying the same per month as I do now.
I say yes, I did it . Had my ZS Jan 2020 and ordered update Dec. and just got it Late June.

For me the interest rate is now 1/2 my original, equity was crazy so essential a big deposit luckily I did it when it was 2.5k grant so that helped also.

My new monthly payment is less , diff. in final payment is only 4-5k more.

Just on a cost per kwh I'm paying about 59 pounds less per kwh.

Final decision is can you get the current version with the Sunroof. I did used Chroley group, Daniel was very helpful, communicated and entire transaction was smooth. I glad I did not listen to local dealer, O would missed grant and gotten increase in price.

If it makes financial sense for you I say yes, the bigger battery, better infotainment is good. I charge at work once a week now but could probably go 1.5 week between charge.

Goodluck @Gavla

I would try and grab a current Trophy 🏆 Long Range now IF you can !.
Maybe a cancelled order or a car that has been ordered as a demo model by the dealer.
For me, loosing the full pan roof is a huge loss.
Some owners of the original ZS EV have opted to sell their cars, as the prices are so strong.
Thinking their new cars would arrive shortly.
Some have been without a car for months !.
Make some calls and try and secure a car and then sell on your Gen1 model.
But be warned, there is a lot of people with the same idea !.
You have to be willing to keep trying.
Some have dropped really lucky by shopping around.
God luck !.

I would try and grab a current Trophy 🏆 Long Range now IF you can !.
Maybe a cancelled order or a car that has been ordered as a demo model by the dealer.
For me, loosing the full pan roof is a huge loss.
Some owners of the original ZS EV have opted to sell their cars, as the prices are so strong.
Thinking their new cars would arrive shortly.
Some have been without a car for months !.
Make some calls and try and secure a car and then sell on your Gen1 model.
But be warned, there is a lot of people with the same idea !.
You have to be willing to keep trying.
Some have dropped really lucky by shopping around.
God luck !.
Thanks for the advice. I have managed to order Trophy LR with the panoramic roof due in September/October using the 4k equity in my Mk1... Happy days

I say yes, I did it . Had my ZS Jan 2020 and ordered update Dec. and just got it Late June.

For me the interest rate is now 1/2 my original, equity was crazy so essential a big deposit luckily I did it when it was 2.5k grant so that helped also.

My new monthly payment is less , diff. in final payment is only 4-5k more.

Just on a cost per kwh I'm paying about 59 pounds less per kwh.

Final decision is can you get the current version with the Sunroof. I did used Chroley group, Daniel was very helpful, communicated and entire transaction was smooth. I glad I did not listen to local dealer, O would missed grant and gotten increase in price.

If it makes financial sense for you I say yes, the bigger battery, better infotainment is good. I charge at work once a week now but could probably go 1.5 week between charge.

Goodluck @Gavla
All sorted managed to get one with panoramic roof due Sep/Oct, thanks for the advice.

I'm guessing that you have jumped on someone else's cancelled order?
Not what I've been told but you never know, although I was offered a choice of colours. Dealer said they had ordered a number months ago as they suspected a delay, if they don't sell they will go to lease.

Just read this on BBC news

"MG dealers have recently suspended UK orders for its ZS EV and 5 EV, such is the scale of the problem, which Tesla is now quoting a two-year waiting list for the Model S and Model X cars."

Don't know how accurate this is but not looking good for car industry

Wasn't aware of the no pan roof so thanks for that, I often use mine so need to consider that. I havent been for test drive as yet prob next week. My Mk1 has been great no issues at all, only thinking of changing due to the part ex value currently. Haven't been on here in a while is Chorley still the go to or has someone else step up?
I got mine from Chorley. Got a good deal for my mk1 exclusive. Free mats and type 2 cable. And £500 extra discount. Free delivery to Nottingham. March 9th.

Not what I've been told but you never know, although I was offered a choice of colours. Dealer said they had ordered a number months ago as they suspected a delay, if they don't sell they will go to lease.
dealers were being fined for doing exactly this as there weren't enough cars to go round the outstanding customer orders so MG started fining dealers for making "ghost" orders

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom