• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Wow, 200 mile range

Happy Zappy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So I've been doing some fairly gentle 40 - 50 mph runs recently and been achieving ~ 4 mile / kwh. Certainly the somewhat milder weather has helped in this regard.

Plugged the car in overnight to charge and when i turned it on this morning, the GOM was reporting a range of 200 miles in ECO.

Now I know it is only a guess and there's no way I would either expect that number or rely on it, but it was a very pleasant surprise.

Yes I get this now the weather is better but by the time I move off the drive it’s back to reality.

So I've been doing some fairly gentle 40 - 50 mph runs recently and been achieving ~ 4 mile / kwh. Certainly the somewhat milder weather has helped in this regard.

Plugged the car in overnight to charge and when i turned it on this morning, the GOM was reporting a range of 200 miles in ECO.

Now I know it is only a guess and there's no way I would either expect that number or rely on it, but it was a very pleasant surprise.
My GOM very often shows 193 on eco mode after a charge - today travelled 159 miles and have 28 left on the meter !! The GOM varied throughout the day - once it show 50 miles left but after cruising downhill went to 52 !! I suppose it depends on road conditions and use of extras and the way you drive to try to re-charge as you progress - rather pleased with today’s journey !!

My GOM very often shows 193 on eco mode after a charge - today travelled 159 miles and have 28 left on the meter !! The GOM varied throughout the day - once it show 50 miles left but after cruising downhill went to 52 !! I suppose it depends on road conditions and use of extras and the way you drive to try to re-charge as you progress - rather pleased with today’s journey !!
wow really you got 159 miles ?

Yep, we're got 300klms, approx 185 miles on the highway out of a single charge charge here in warm Oz. SOC was low though so wouldn't recommend doing regularly.
In ECO, yes, this is possible. Aircon usage will knock this down to 270 or 280km. In Normal mode, however, we more realistically get 240 to 270 depending on conditions.

Hi all I did a 102 mile round trip yesterday bit of Mway then A roads then country lanes at the legal limit aircon on. In Eco KERS 2. Very wet and thundery temp up and down when in and out of showers but 14-18c. got home with 51% remaining from a full charge. I'm happy with that for real world driving. We can sometimes drive ourselves mad by the opposite of range anxiety. Great posts and blogs here well done all.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom