Yellow battery gauge

tsedge

Reaction score
Paignton, UK
Driving
Not an MG
That’s what I thought. I also thought that they did not engage on social media re problems. Perhaps they do now….
Be even better if they did it through, y’know, that internet connected car you bought from them!

hequals4

Standard Member
Reaction score
UK
I must say, of all the issues with the MG4, this is not the highest concern for me, but my curiosity is getting the better of me!
Yeah, I first saw the yellow SoC bar on the SpeakEV forum so asked this question last week but there was no answer from anyone on there either.

Ian Key

Reaction score
Derby UK
Driving
Not an MG
Funnily enough I emailed MG this morning with the copy of the photo from Facebook asking why the battery indicator was orange instead of the usual green.
They replied:

"Thank you for your email.
Are you referring to the 12V indicator or the HV battery indicator and have you spoken with your dealership regarding this?"

So they don't know either.
My guess is that when it's orange it's showing the 12v battery level and somehow you can toggle between the two.

tsedge

Reaction score
Paignton, UK
Driving
Not an MG
Funnily enough I emailed MG this morning with the copy of the photo from Facebook asking why the battery indicator was orange instead of the usual green.
They replied:

"Thank you for your email.
Are you referring to the 12V indicator or the HV battery indicator and have you spoken with your dealership regarding this?"

So they don't know either.
My guess is that when it's orange it's showing the 12v battery level and somehow you can toggle between the two.
It was yellow, now it is orange? It isn’t one of those optical illusions is it? Like it is green all along but different people see different colours? 😆

bowfer

Reaction score
aberdeen
Driving
MG4
Update
I don’t know about anyone else but I am DEFINITELY comforted by this reply….cough…

Attachments

• 1F2ACEE9-0F5F-4431-BC1E-00CFE32FB534.png
    1F2ACEE9-0F5F-4431-BC1E-00CFE32FB534.png
    937.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 246A62EB-ED4B-4D4A-A750-E5CD925F4CD5.png
    246A62EB-ED4B-4D4A-A750-E5CD925F4CD5.png
    902.7 KB · Views: 80

the briggie

Reaction score
Edinburgh
Driving
Not an MG
IT style solution...have you switched off/on or rebooted...no, try that first. What if it comes back? Try reboot again and if it persists let us know. Anything else? No?...OK have a good day📞

Last edited:

tsedge

Reaction score
Paignton, UK
Driving
Not an MG
IT style solution...have you switched off or rebooted...no, try that first. What if it comes back? Try reboot again and if it persists let us know. Anything else? No?...OK have a good day📞
Is it plugged in?
Is it turned on?
Have you tried turning it on and off again?
Have you bisected the generative quadrophonic interface with a polaron bypass?

the briggie

Reaction score
Edinburgh
Driving
Not an MG
Perhaps during the World Cup the one love colour scheme has been introduced ota by MG despite FIFA (Flippin Idiots Foreign Automobiles) objections......and Bowfer has received a yellow card...I'll close the door on the way out shall I

Last edited:

Vipar

Reaction score
Bexley
Driving
MG ZS EV
Mine went from orange to green. No faults shown so keep on driving 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG electric car news: MG4 software updates, MG5 facelift available, delivery updates & EV economics
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom