Zs ev Drivers seat splits

Simon Rogerson

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

I have a zs ev exclusive with 30+miles and just noticed that the drivers seat has got a few splits, anyone's got any ideas of what can be done? I'd this a warranty claim?

Thanks
20220502_183947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
May as well ask - they can only say no.

Worthwhile to check the applicable warranty wording too just to be prepared - seat covers are only 12 months cover IIRC, but I could be wrong: Warranty | My MG

Any luck with this? I have noticed this in my 2 year and 3 month old 30k miles ZS EV (2020)

Could be worse, your dealer could try and repair a scratch on your brand new grey PU seats (caused by a key in the delivery driver's back pocket) by sanding them down and painting with black leather dye .....

View attachment 8505
What the hell is that all about - it’s a brand new car, stop “Faffing about” dealer and just
order a new seat cover base !.
God knows how long it will take to come though !.
Flipping the seat with the demo model is not an option I guess - No ?.
They probably don’t have one anyway,

What the hell is that all about - it’s a brand new car, stop “Faffing about” dealer and just
order a new seat cover base !.
God knows how long it will take to come though !.
Flipping the seat with the demo model is not an option I guess - No ?.
They probably don’t have one anyway,
We've been through all of those suggestions. It's now in the hands of the group director to propose a solution by the end of this week of we will just instruct our lawyers to sort it out whatever way they can. I have to admit, I'm not sure if it's the same in the UK, but the laissez-faire attitude here appears to be driven from the top at MG France down sadly.

Many manufactures only offer a three warranty with their cars, MG have extended their warranty to 7 years, which is brilliant on the face of it, but given the LONG wait time on replacement parts and the repeated attempts to solve customers problems.
Then could it be suggested that the extra years are necessary / consumed to account for the extended time required to correct the issues 😢.
Forty years ago, my late father once said to me:- “Warranties on cars, are only any good when something actually breaks, or fall’s off the car. Anything else, it’s a waste of your time taking into the garage, they are not really interested”.
Clearly, I am beginning to think that they have not improved that much over the years ?.
Warranty claim work takes time to get paid for, not instant money into the till on the day like servicing etc.
I find that dealers even display a sad face at the time of service, when you declare that you have a pre-paid service plan.
No money on the day again.
I have forgotten how many times that I have been called on the day of the service,
to hear the following “ Up Selling” message:-
“Arh ……. We can see you have a service plan, but we have noticed that you need your A/C ( or something else ) doing, would you like us to do the work, while it is here, to save you bringing it back again. It is not covered under the service package and will cost you an additional “X” number of pounds when you come to collect your car”.
One time this happened to me happened at a local VW dealership.
I had just sat down in the waiting area with a cup of tea and something to read.
When I was approached by a service agent who came tell me that my VW required a new cam belt installing and that they could JUST about get me in for the work that day !.
Did I want it doing, as they could offer me a discount of £30 off the normal price of almost £425.
When I questioned the cam belt scheduled replacement date, he muttered under his breath, it’s due in the next 18 months !!!!!.
Well, I guess you know how that conversation ended !.
Also, chasing you up to bring your car in for service after 10 months on a 12 month time frame !.
“Because we are very busy and don’t want you to miss your service day”.
Total B/S !.

And to save anyone else searching for a product, Dunelm in the UK sells this...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom