MG4 Trophy map update – BEWARE

I updated the maps in my Trophy (R33) today. After hours downloading and extracting, the data needed about 40 minutes to update the maps. I was concerned after I plugged in the USB drive to view greyed-out text asking me to select a resource in a window with a lit Cancel button but it came good in the end without intervention. I attach a series of images from the sequence
Thanks - just updated my Trophy (also R33) and probably would have given up if you hadn't mentioned the greyed out button. It took 2 or 3 minutes for that button to become active so that I could start the update. The update then took a further 35 minutes or so. Downloading and extracting the data took ages!

Same for me with Trophy extended

Infotainment version = 1300R46
Nav = 6.2.60.1.45160
You can only update navigation if infotainment software lower than R40. If you have R40 R46 or R59 then it fails with the no VN file message. Seem you have R46
It's a nice feature of MG to let you wait a few time to update your maps.

I tried to enter the VIN number, it was invalid VIN.
The the website shows: "1.Export the fingerprint file from your vehicle by using U-disk.(You can export it from the resource upgrade in setting on vehicle)"
There is no way to export the fingerprint file and there is no U-disk and no resource upgrade under settings.
This all is so bad, I regret very much I bought a Chinese car, first time and last time.

I tried to enter the VIN number, it was invalid VIN.
The the website shows: "1.Export the fingerprint file from your vehicle by using U-disk.(You can export it from the resource upgrade in setting on vehicle)"
There is no way to export the fingerprint file and there is no U-disk and no resource upgrade under settings.
This all is so bad, I regret very much I bought a Chinese car, first time and last time.
Hey Frans. Is your dealer in Rotterdam?

Had problems with pairing a phone to the car. It seems you can just have 1 car connection with 1 phone. So my wife and I cannot connect together to the car. This is a stupid design of MG.
So at the end I did a factory reset, all ok, but you also delete the navigation maps. Only way to get this back is to make a 100km drive to the dealer. Even if the maps are available for download, MG makes them unusable.
With my Tesla I don't have these annoying problems.

@MrPeaski, I have tried this morning
Downloading https://cdn.mgmotor.eu:443/map-data/map-update.zip

NONE/JV/HERE/EU/23Q3/20230804103215/

try with direct url " https://cdn.mgmotor.eu:443/map-data/map-update.zip"
@Rockstar
Thanks for that link but the files:- Version.txt, file_verification, and file_index.csv are identical to those in the map update I downloaded using my VIN.

I guess anyone on a newer base Nav system and/or infotainment above R33 will have to wait a bit longer for this to be fixed :rolleyes:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back