The MG4 SE 1100R33 Infotainment Thread

Well, they haven't done it again, so maybe I just accidentally flicked the wiper stalk twice.

I think the car is pre-heating when plugged in but not charging, but it didn't really get warm. I think it was trying to power the heater from the granny lead and couldn't get enough juice.

Well, they haven't done it again, so maybe I just accidentally flicked the wiper stalk twice.

I think the car is pre-heating when plugged in but not charging, but it didn't really get warm. I think it was trying to power the heater from the granny lead and couldn't get enough juice.
Yeah that’s the problem: when plugged in the granny there’s just not enough juice.
Is the only reason I would ever consider installing a 7kW charger but I’m happy to simply use the battery.

Hi all, Just got my SE updated to R33. All OK but I am experiencing a speed limiting issue. Power % starts to drop as speed increases. Max speed is 114KM/h (70Mph). The accelleration rate has decreased drastically to the point that I am afraid to overtake. I tried full charge with balancing, disconnected negative 12v. All for nothing. Any hints appreciated.
UPDATE: Dealer refreshed software update and issue is now resolved. Now a happy R33 (and related modules) user.

Last edited:
Has anyone noted that if the A/C is off, every time you adjust the fan speed or temperature, A/c switches on.

Also, the custom drive mode does not 'remember' the pedal force setting.

Has anyone noted that if the A/C is off, every time you adjust the fan speed or temperature, A/c switches on.
Happens in my Trophy, really annoying. Though I think in the latest update I had (1300R46) the fan speed doesn't do it any more, but I'd have to double check.

I always have AC enabled so it's not something I'd spot - so I've no intention of checking the behaviour. :)

As to CUSTOM drive mode - I can't remember what I'd set. (I think it was Normal drive mode and everything else Sport. I'll try to remember to check next time I'm in the car).

I have noticed that the left star button had recently lost its setting. I have it set for drive mode and when driving it on Sunday I noticed that the button did nothing. It was easily reset back to drive mode though. Something I'll keep an eye on.

I had the same issue with the right star, on R13. I was showing a friend how to drive the car, and she couldn't get the HVAC to work from the steering wheel button and neither could I. When we got back I went into the menu and it was correctly selected. But I deselected it and re-selected it again, and it as fine. That was four months ago and it hasn't done it again.

Just been out to the car and checked it again - it's still set correctly. Maybe it's a time-based issue, as I'd had that setting for months but only recently found the issue. 🤷‍♂️

PS - I forgot to check the CUSTOM setting.

Edit: went back out and checked the Custom settings. Pedal Force was at Normal, but I can't be certain I didn't set it that way. I've set it to Sport and will monitor. (Drive was Normal and Steering was Heavy, as I expected).

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 534 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel