£750 Voucher?

hhmmm

TERMS AND CONDITIONS..​

• Applicable for private retail customers only
  • Excludes Affinity Programme
  • £750 Voucher can only be redeemed on new MG ZS EV, MG5 EV and HS Plug in Hybrid ordered and registered between 01.10.21 and 31.12.21
  • Offer applies to MY21 vehicles only
  • Offer excludes MG5 EV Long Range models
  • £750 Voucher cannot be used against any other models and includes VAT
  • 1 voucher per household
  • Participating dealers only

Noticed this when I visited my dealer yesterday:

750.jpg

hhmmm

TERMS AND CONDITIONS..​

• Applicable for private retail customers only
  • Excludes Affinity Programme
  • £750 Voucher can only be redeemed on new MG ZS EV, MG5 EV and HS Plug in Hybrid ordered and registered between 01.10.21 and 31.12.21
  • Offer applies to MY21 vehicles only
  • Offer excludes MG5 EV Long Range models
  • £750 Voucher cannot be used against any other models and includes VAT
  • 1 voucher per household
  • Participating dealers only
Although ANY discount is welcomed, it's not even close to the offer on the original ZS EV from MG of £3500 and a free wall box, plus the Gov grant of £3500 for the first 1,000 customers :ROFLMAO: .
Which was extended to 2,000 customers, but without the free wall box.
Coming up a bit short, but a bit better than a poke in the eye with a shape stick, is all you can say really I guess.
Question :-
So, what happens if you place an order and pay a deposit on the new Gen 2 / face lift ZS EV and it does not arrive before the end of the year ?.
You have placed your order and paid a deposit in good faith, but MG are unable to deliver it by the due date, will they still honour the discount, as the failure to deliver is on there behalf ?.
Are they THAT confident they can deliver every car before the end of the year I wonder ?.
The T&C's state that the car has to be registered before the 31.12.2021.
Therefore they want these cars declared as sold for THIS year then !.
Strange don't you think, that MG have reported that they have beaten their sales targets for 2021already don't you think ???.
Are we to think that this will be the ONLY discount offered then ?.
Bearing in mind, its the second week of October and nobody in the public has even seen the car in the flesh yet ?.
The first batch of ZS EV's will have the larger 72 kwh battery and will be most expensive model, then the dealers ( +100 cars ) will get the Demo models first.
Only then can the test drives commence.
Oh ....... and the price will not be released until the start of November time after the press day.
Therefore, that is giving about 6 weeks to get the first batch of cars sold and out to the owners.
Pushing it a bit I would say.
Registering a car that close to the end of the year is never a good practice in my opinion.
Our car arrived after a seven moth wait, two weeks before Christmas.
I held off collecting / registering the car until after the new year.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom