“It never works so I always park here!”

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
In Retford the other day and just popped into the newly opened Lidl. Thought I’d have a look at the new chargers from a network that I’d never heard of before - Phoenix Works! There are four connectors, all unused when I parked initially but when I came out of the busy supermarket an EV was just pulling in to one of the spaces.

The driver parked and made his way to the shop, not connecting his vehicle. Started chatting to him, casually mentioning his actions and his response was that the connector never worked so, as the car park was usually very busy, he always parked there as it was never occupied! I hope that the maintenance engineer does not choose that moment to come along and repair if for they would find access blocked!

Last edited:
In Retford the other day and just popped into the newly opened Lidl. Thought I’d have a look at the new chargers from a network that I’d never heard of before - Phoenix Works! There are four connectors, all unused when I parked initially but when I came out of the busy supermarket an EV was just pulling in to one of the spaces.

The driver parked and made his way to the shop, not connecting his vehicle. Started chatting to him, casually mentioning his actions and his response was that the connector never worked so, as the car park was usually very busy, he always parked there as it was never occupied! I hope that the maintenance engineer does not choose that moment to come along and repair if for they would find access blocked!
Seems a bit selfish to me hope he doesn't do that when there up and running.

Charging points rely on a bit of courtesy, especially busy ones. The relatively small community of EV users has lent towards people being courteous with each other, as early adopters sometimes struggling with the new technology. (If you really want to put yourself on a pedestal you could argue that early adopters of EV did so because of consideration for the environment and were therefore naturally inclined to be more considerate in general). As EV use grows and they just become people's form of transport, you will get an increasing number of inconsiderate people represented, like any cross section of the population, much like disabled or parent & child spaces being misused.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom