1000 miles in report - LONG POST

the heating issue might lead us to cancel the hs and get the new zs instead. It's got most of the features that I wanted in the original. noticing that yes we use the heated seats and wheel most of the time in the leaf but we also demist a lot in winter and so would be firing up the engines with the hs. wish they did an all-electric hs.
Agreed that’s one thing I miss a lot. My Outlander had part electric heating

Hi all, and thank you for the welcome messages, sorry I was so tardy in responding, had some IT issues...

I hit 1 month and 1000m in this weekend, so thought I'd put down some reflections for owners and lurkers alike. We have a white HS Exclusive with full black interior. Only additions are the dealer fit black boot lip protector, interior mats (more about those later) and the plastic boot mat. This is the wife's car, my car is a 2018 Nissan Leaf, and I've been full BEV for 5 years now having owned a Renault Zoe prior. We chopped our 64 plate diesel Citroen C4 Grand Picasso for the MG.

So reliability first - nothing has broken so far. No rattles or speaks yet either (I'm totally OCD on interior noises unlike my wife). The car does exhibit some of the oddities discussed on other threads (mostly design issues), namely:

1. The MASSIVE gear change gap at c45-50mph in full EV mode
2. It's a bit odd with the whole locking and unlocking on the charge flap - it charges ok with my wall charger, but every time you unlock the car on charge it cycles off and on again - it would also have been nice to have LED's in the charging port.
3. Who on earth designed the silver flap at the front of the centre console? Not being able to close it with a cable connected (or better still why isn't it just deep enough for my phone of comes with a charger plate?) is just such a Friday afternoon bit of design.
4. The carpet mats I bought have already started to wear through, will be speaking to the dealer about that.
5. The bumper lip is not worth the money at all and is lifting in the middle at the back.
6. The satnav is quite out of date, the A14 this weekend basically was missing BIG sections and went into meltdown.
7. The speed recognition thinks that UK dual carriageways are 60mph - as this can be linked to the MG Pilot function for regulating your speed, I have turned that off.
8. The lane drift warning is way too loud! We tend to turn that off as Shropshire has intermittent lines at best and it drives the system nuts. This weekend however I drove to Cambridge and used the full lane guidance system, and it was really excellent.
9. The BLIS lights - I mean why bother? Need to be much brighter. My LEAF has them in the mirror, not quite sure why they felt the need to (badly) invent a new place.
10. I have had the infotainment system glitch out a couple of time, but nothing major - not having physical controls for HVAC and heated seats is just a PIA though, and even more of a pain if you are using Apple CarPlay. Also the heated seats don't stay on if you stop the car and restart it.
11. Why does the 360 camera system come on when you are indicating at a junction - what a pain if you are trying to follow the satnav!
12. The tailgate deactivating once you have opened the doors is a bit weird and I constantly smack my head on the centre black locking mechanism (I am quite tall though)

But you know what? I could write a list just as long if not longer about my LEAF - design 'curiosities' are a symptom of most car designs - our Citroen had a similar infotainment system / HVAC setup, and you couldn't open the windows above 20mph as the reverb was SO bad. No one at Nissan could be bothered putting lights in the window and door lock switches and 3 years later, I still can't find them at night.

The MG is fast, smooth, a nice place to sit and has a comfortable ride. It looks good, it's economical, and despite a bit of a worry this weekend ahead of the journey, I was able to fit all my sons possessions in the car when I picked him up from university. I may get a roof box soon, but it lugged a lot in the space. I'm really quite pleased with the car so far tbh, and it absolutely surpasses my expectations.

The important bit for a PHEV I guess, is how does the EV bit work? Well aside from it not remembering to keep a forced EV selection it works seamlessly - transitioning smoothly and without fuss. the weird gap in the EV gearing notwithstanding, we like trundling around town in EV mode, and then just getting to places quickly on the motorway in AUTO without having to wait for a recharge to complete - this will be even more important to us as child no.2 starts uni in September, so much more long distance trekking.

Anyway if you got this far, thanks for reading - I have been putting together a YouTube video of the car, but my slow iMovie skips are holding that up badly! Will post when it is up.

Best wishes, and happy to take questions!

Carpet mat pic enclosed!

David
You can deactivate the 360 camera from coming on when driving slow in one of the menu's. I experienced this also.

Take a photo of the matts I got with the car which are different to one in your photo. I got these in July.
Hi I notice you have red interior with red exterior. Any other pictures that show both. I'm sold on red interior can't decide on best matching exterior.

Hi I notice you have red interior with red exterior. Any other pictures that show both. I'm sold on red interior can't decide on best matching exterior.
Was at work taken some for you, she need a clean as did clean at the weekend as the bad weather this week

Attachments

• 063081A6-6617-4E8B-95D8-9408BC90AE12.jpeg
    063081A6-6617-4E8B-95D8-9408BC90AE12.jpeg
    537.6 KB · Views: 127
  • F8E7C4A5-9AE2-408E-AA9B-7B348EA5545A.jpeg
    F8E7C4A5-9AE2-408E-AA9B-7B348EA5545A.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 131
  • A8CB6565-AECD-4992-A5C4-DA9D5ED444DD.jpeg
    A8CB6565-AECD-4992-A5C4-DA9D5ED444DD.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 0B507796-55D6-4DB7-AA79-7577398515D1.jpeg
    0B507796-55D6-4DB7-AA79-7577398515D1.jpeg